Search

Health centre acid alert

PUBLISHED: 11:17 07 November 2008 | UPDATED: 12:13 03 July 2010

ACLE Medical Centre in Bridewell Lane had to be evacuated yesterday afternoon after a staff member was injured in a hydrochloric acid leak.

Ten staff were forced to leave the premises after the acid spilled from a container and burnt part of a carpet by the reception area.

ACLE Medical Centre in Bridewell Lane had to be evacuated yesterday afternoon after a staff member was injured in a hydrochloric acid leak.

Ten staff were forced to leave the premises after the acid spilled from a container and burnt part of a carpet by the reception area.

A female receptionist was slightly injured by the acid and was treated on scene by doctors from the centre.

Three fire crews from Great Yarmouth, Martham and Acle and the chemical unit from Sprowston attended the leak, which was cleaned up using absorbent granules.


If you value what this story gives you, please consider supporting the Great Yarmouth Mercury. Click the link in the yellow box below for details.

Become a supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years, through good times and bad, serving as your advocate and trusted source of local information. Our industry is facing testing times, which is why I’m asking for your support. Every single contribution will help us continue to produce award-winning local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Thank you.

Most Read

Most Read

Latest from the Great Yarmouth Mercury