High school pupils isolating after positive Covid-19 test
- Credit: Flegg High Ormiston Academy
A group of Year 9 high school students are isolating and being taught remotely after one of their peers tested positive for coronavirus.
Following the result, after routine asymptomatic lateral flow testing in the home, the principal at Flegg High Ormiston Academy, in Martham, wrote to all parents to offer reassurance and to reinforce safety advice and routines around limiting the spread of the virus.
Kate Williams said in the letter: "I completely appreciate and understand that there are already some inevitable anxieties about returning to school, given the current circumstances we find ourselves in.
"However, I would like to reassure you that we are doing all we can to ensure everyone’s safety and will be continuing to closely follow and implement advice from the experts to maintain this.
"It is important that students, staff, and the wider school community remain vigilant and continue to uphold the various safety protocols in place both within the academy but also when out in the wider community."
You may also want to watch:
The school said "a small number of students" were self-isolating.
In the seven days up to April 14 Great Yarmouth saw an increase in the number of infections from 10.1 to 17.1 per 100,000.
Overall, however, Norfolk's infection rate remains below the national average and the James Paget University Hospital, in Gorleston, has not had a mechanical ventilator bed occupied by a Covid patient since March 12 - more than a month ago.
- 1 What's opening in Great Yarmouth from May 17?
- 2 Drone photo shows £26m seafront leisure centre taking shape
- 3 'Water runs down the walls' - Woman, 65, hits out at mouldy council flat
- 4 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: LIVE Results
- 5 Buy a B&B as nine for sale in 'boom year' for budget hotels
- 6 Man charged with having more than 220,000 indecent images of children
- 7 Three adorable abandoned day-old kittens adopted by stray
- 8 Tributes to high street mechanic known as a 'local legend'
- 9 Man dies after being found unresponsive in car at retail park
- 10 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: County council election results