High school pupils isolating after positive Covid-19 test
- Credit: Flegg High Ormiston Academy
A group of Year 9 high school students are isolating and being taught remotely after one of their peers tested positive for coronavirus.
Following the result, after routine asymptomatic lateral flow testing in the home, the principal at Flegg High Ormiston Academy, in Martham, wrote to all parents to offer reassurance and to reinforce safety advice and routines around limiting the spread of the virus.
Kate Williams said in the letter: "I completely appreciate and understand that there are already some inevitable anxieties about returning to school, given the current circumstances we find ourselves in.
"However, I would like to reassure you that we are doing all we can to ensure everyone’s safety and will be continuing to closely follow and implement advice from the experts to maintain this.
"It is important that students, staff, and the wider school community remain vigilant and continue to uphold the various safety protocols in place both within the academy but also when out in the wider community."
You may also want to watch:
The school said "a small number of students" were self-isolating.
In the seven days up to April 14 Great Yarmouth saw an increase in the number of infections from 10.1 to 17.1 per 100,000.
Overall, however, Norfolk's infection rate remains below the national average and the James Paget University Hospital, in Gorleston, has not had a mechanical ventilator bed occupied by a Covid patient since March 12 - more than a month ago.
- 1 Man, 41, charged with Pat Holland's murder as human remains found
- 2 The Empire Strikes Back - our review of the new indoor food market
- 3 Norwich City legends play football against dementia
- 4 Britain's Got Talent golden buzzer winner to appear in Gorleston cabaret show
- 5 Twin Bakes sell out of treats during first pop-up sale
- 6 Covid on the coast: Record high for July but case numbers dipping
- 7 Pleasure Beach's tropical event ready to launch - and free macs if it rains
- 8 Man appears in court charged with murder of Gorleston woman
- 9 Historic town wasteland transformed into vivid urban garden
- 10 Flats bid for former pub refused over 'cramped showers' concerns