Health centre acid alert

ACLE Medical Centre in Bridewell Lane had to be evacuated yesterday afternoon after a staff member was injured in a hydrochloric acid leak.Ten staff were forced to leave the premises after the acid spilled from a container and burnt part of a carpet by the reception area.

ACLE Medical Centre in Bridewell Lane had to be evacuated yesterday afternoon after a staff member was injured in a hydrochloric acid leak.

Ten staff were forced to leave the premises after the acid spilled from a container and burnt part of a carpet by the reception area.

A female receptionist was slightly injured by the acid and was treated on scene by doctors from the centre.

Three fire crews from Great Yarmouth, Martham and Acle and the chemical unit from Sprowston attended the leak, which was cleaned up using absorbent granules.


You may also want to watch:


Become a Supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Become a Supporter