Health trust's new medical director
A FORMER doctor with a wealth of experience and local knowledge has joined the team at NHS Great Yarmouth and Waveney (NHS GYW) as medical director. Dr Jamie Wyllie took up his position earlier this month after spending more than eight years working as a doctor at the Falkland Surgery in Bradwell.
A FORMER doctor with a wealth of experience and local knowledge has joined the team at NHS Great Yarmouth and Waveney (NHS GYW) as medical director.
Dr Jamie Wyllie took up his position earlier this month after spending more than eight years working as a doctor at the Falkland Surgery in Bradwell.
He replaces Dr Chris Price, who retired earlier this year, and will take responsibility for offering clinical direction and advice to NHS GYW's Board.
“I'm really looking forward to my new role and the challenges it will bring, such as helping to influence NHS Great Yarmouth and Waveney's strategy for the future.
You may also want to watch:
“One of my priorities will be driving through further improvements to the quality of clinical services we offer - which is especially important in the current financial climate. I'm looking forward to working with all of our clinical partners to transform clinical services across the whole of the health system,” said Dr Wyllie.
Dr Wyllie qualified as a doctor in 1997 after studying at Edinburgh University. He completed his training as a GP in 2002 and went on to join the Falkland Surgery.
- 1 Four national high street names to move into former M&S store
- 2 'One of a kind' home with golf simulator and gym is for sale for £795,000
- 3 Killer shrimp 'no-fishing' barriers torn down by vandals in the Broads
- 4 Are you in our Norfolk school photos from the 1970s?
- 5 Norfolk's first mass Covid vaccination centre to open in food court
- 6 Myleene Klass reveals heartbreak of miscarriage while on live radio
- 7 The areas of Norfolk where Covid cases are now falling
- 8 Risk of flooding after parts of Norfolk see 8cm of snow
- 9 Covid case rates continue to fall across Norfolk and Waveney
- 10 Drug-dealers caught in undercover police sting
During his years in Bradwell, he developed a wide-reaching knowledge of the clinical services available in the Yarmouth area, and now plans to do the same across Waveney.