Health trust's new medical director
A FORMER doctor with a wealth of experience and local knowledge has joined the team at NHS Great Yarmouth and Waveney (NHS GYW) as medical director. Dr Jamie Wyllie took up his position earlier this month after spending more than eight years working as a doctor at the Falkland Surgery in Bradwell.
A FORMER doctor with a wealth of experience and local knowledge has joined the team at NHS Great Yarmouth and Waveney (NHS GYW) as medical director.
Dr Jamie Wyllie took up his position earlier this month after spending more than eight years working as a doctor at the Falkland Surgery in Bradwell.
He replaces Dr Chris Price, who retired earlier this year, and will take responsibility for offering clinical direction and advice to NHS GYW's Board.
“I'm really looking forward to my new role and the challenges it will bring, such as helping to influence NHS Great Yarmouth and Waveney's strategy for the future.
You may also want to watch:
“One of my priorities will be driving through further improvements to the quality of clinical services we offer - which is especially important in the current financial climate. I'm looking forward to working with all of our clinical partners to transform clinical services across the whole of the health system,” said Dr Wyllie.
Dr Wyllie qualified as a doctor in 1997 after studying at Edinburgh University. He completed his training as a GP in 2002 and went on to join the Falkland Surgery.
- 1 Every Norfolk primary school rated as 'Outstanding'
- 2 Appeal to find missing man from London last seen at Norfolk campsite
- 3 Fresh weather warning with Storm Evert set to hit Norfolk
- 4 7 big projects in Great Yarmouth and when they are happening
- 5 Tributes to popular entertainer after death following tragic accident
- 6 Shop to reopen after fire which caused 'significant' damage
- 7 Best friend pays tribute to missing woman, describing her as a 'lovely lady'
- 8 Police searching for Patricia Holland believe her to be dead
- 9 Man re-arrested over murder of missing 83-year-old Pat Holland
- 10 'Something really fresh for Great Yarmouth' - Empire ready to re-open
During his years in Bradwell, he developed a wide-reaching knowledge of the clinical services available in the Yarmouth area, and now plans to do the same across Waveney.