Surgeons saddle up to help NHS 'superheroes'
- Credit: JPUH
A trio of surgeons at a Norfolk hospital will be swapping scalpels for puncture repair kits when they take to the road with thousands of others for a charity bike ride.
Consultant surgeons Christopher Liao and Vamsi Velchuru, and urologist Lokesh Suraparaju are limbering up for the 85k London to Brighton challenge on Sunday, September 19.
They aim to raise £2,500 for the James Paget Hospital Charity which fundraises for equipment not covered by the NHS and for items that will benefit patients and staff.
The route starting at Clapham Common builds to the daunting, gear-grinding, climb at Ditchling Beacon on the way into Brighton.
All three hailed the hard work of staff during the difficult last year.
You may also want to watch:
But for Mr Velchuru inspiration came from his experience of being both a patient and a member of staff following a diagnosis of lymphoma.
He hailed the "world class" treatment he had received, adding: "Please donate generously for our local superheroes here at the Paget."
Donate at the James Paget Hospital Charity fundraising page.
- 1 Third teenager arrested over Yarmouth park stabbing
- 2 Tesco applies to sell alcohol from pub site
- 3 Seaside cafe opens new toy library for dogs
- 4 Revealed: The most expensive towns to buy a home in Norfolk
- 5 Crowds pour on to streets to enjoy light and sound display
- 6 Thrilling Fire on the Water show to light up Yarmouth
- 7 They started life in lockdown - but how are these businesses doing now?
- 8 Gorleston high street closed this week for emergency gas works
- 9 The most popular baby names in Norfolk in 2020 are revealed
- 10 Award-winning Halloween event returns to Great Yarmouth this half term