New vaccination centre will open to cope with demand across Waveney
- Credit: Nick Butcher
A new vaccination centre is set to open in north Lowestoft next month to cope with demand across the Waveney area.
Currently in Lowestoft, Kirkley Mill is the only vaccination centre, with Sole Bay medical practice in Southwold and the James Paget Hospital being the next nearest centres.
The current number of vaccination centres across the area is presenting accessibility difficulties for people living across the south Waveney area.
Conservative MP for Waveney, Peter Aldous, said he plans to work with the NHS to alleviate these problems and confirmed the opening of a new centre in north Lowestoft next month.
Mr Aldous said: "Next month a further centre will open in north Lowestoft.
You may also want to watch:
"There is a concern that some people in the rural south Waveney area, particularly the elderly, could have difficulty in getting to a centre and it is good news that this is being considered.
"Moving forward I’ll be monitoring closely feedback from constituents and I will work with the NHS to address any concerns.”
- 1 Out on the beat - we join police Covid patrol on the seafront
- 2 Businesses shut by lockdown to get one-off payment of up to £9,000
- 3 Police close probe into 'terrifying' Armani armed robbery
- 4 Yellow weather warning for snow in place across region
- 5 Number of coronavirus deaths passes 1,000 at Norfolk's hospitals
- 6 Norfolk woman fined after travelling 200 miles to visit daughter
- 7 Firearms collector, 72, jailed for having illegal shotgun and pistol
- 8 It's 'a long, long way' until lockdown restrictions are lifted - Hancock
- 9 Projects to restore axed rail routes get £794m boost
- 10 Atlantis Tower up for sale after owner signs ‘outrageous’ loan deal