Covid: Walk-in vaccine clinics now open until 8.30pm
- Credit: Danielle Booden
More than 1,500 people received a Covid-19 vaccination at two sites in Great Yarmouth over the weekend.
Amid a push to get protection for all adults, 920 first doses and 588 second doses were given at either the Louise Hamilton Centre or the Market Gates clinics.
The 920 first doses included 390 18-21 year olds who took advantage of booking and walk-in opportunities after the age range was lowered to include all adults.
While the vast majority were booked appointments, over 100 people took advantage of the walk-in option.
The James Paget Hospital Trust has moved to thank all those that attended.
For anyone who hasn't had their first vaccine yet there are opportunities all this week including evening clinics up until 8.30pm to help those who work all week and may be busy at weekends.
You may also want to watch:
A spokesman said it followed the staging of "one or two" evening sessions which had proved popular.
Today, Monday, June 21, tomorrow, Tuesday, June 22, and Thursday, June 24, people can walk-in to the Louise Hamilton Centre from 8.30am up until 8.30pm.
- 1 Woman felt her life was 'destroyed' after rape by two men, court hears
- 2 'Something really fresh for Great Yarmouth' - Empire ready to re-open
- 3 Public urged to check outbuildings as fears grow for missing woman
- 4 Tributes to popular entertainer after death following tragic accident
- 5 Police sniffer dogs join search for missing woman
- 6 Forensic officers back as hunt for missing Patricia Holland in fifth day
- 7 Man seriously injured after crash on A149
- 8 'Very little known' about man, 76, who died at home, inquest hears
- 9 'Busy' wildlife rescue centre bids for a permanent home
- 10 Man arrested on suspicion of murder in Gorleston is released on bail
On Wednesday, June 23, and Friday, June 25, anyone can walk-in at the Market Gates centre from 8.30am until 8.30pm.
Bookings for first jabs can also be made via the national system, and those looking for a second vaccine are encouraged to use this service to ensure they get the right vaccine at the right time.