Weather: Hour by Hour
THE Great Yarmouth area woke up to snow and ice this morning - and treacherous side roads and pavements.Traffic is heavy at the main entrances to the town, moving slowly - but moving.
THE Great Yarmouth area woke up to snow and ice this morning - and treacherous side roads and pavements.
Traffic is heavy at the main entrances to the town, moving slowly - but moving. However, side roads are proving hazardous for vehicles with the compacted snow become icy.
Pavements in the shaded areas are also icy, with several pedestrians and cyclists coming a cropper.
10.30am - Public car parks snow-sovered and very slippery with the compacted snow. Majority of the roads and pavements in the town centre are clear and the sun is shining. Bitterly cold slight wind. Side roads and pavements continue to cause problems for pedestrians.
You may also want to watch:
11.30am - Snow falling heavily and strongly, creating blizzard conditions. Beginning to settle on previously clear pavements and roads, and adding to the difficulty of walking and driving on the already snow-compacted roads and pavements.
12.30pm - Temperature: 1.3C. Bright sunshine is melting away the snow on pavements and roads, only the odd patch of snow remains on isolated sites.
- 1 Petrol attack shopkeeper opens spice shop and restaurant in former pub
- 2 Yarmouth man convicted of historic rape after DNA match
- 3 Work on Great Yarmouth's Third River Crossing 'progressing well'
- 4 Tributes as Leanne, 29, dies after receiving cancer 'all-clear'
- 5 Land wanted by village sold to mystery buyer for £50,000 more
- 6 Fire on the water bursts into life on Yarmouth seafront
- 7 Thrilling Fire on the Water show to light up Yarmouth
- 8 Too early? Family put up Christmas lights... in October
- 9 Picturesque path stays closed to dog owners after consultation
- 10 Seal charity to take 'unprecendented' action to protect Norfolk seal colony
1pm - Snow falling intermittently, grey heavy clouds have blanked out the Sun. Brrrrr!
1.05pm - It's like the early evening outside! Heavy hailstorm is continuing to batter sending shoppers and pedestrians in the streets scurrying into shop doorways for shelter.
1.30pm - Continuing to hail and snow, covering pavements and little-used roads.
2.30pm - Temperature 1C. Bitterly cold and continuing to snow intermittently. Pavements have a dusting of snow as do side roads. Main roads are clear and traffic is flowing smoothly through the town.
3.30pm - All roads clear of ice and snow but bitterly cold. Slush covering some pavements, but fine for walking on. Traffic on roads in and out of the town running smoothly. Late afternoon sunshine!
4.30pm - All clear