Weather: Hour by Hour
THE Great Yarmouth area woke up to snow and ice this morning - and treacherous side roads and pavements.Traffic is heavy at the main entrances to the town, moving slowly - but moving.
THE Great Yarmouth area woke up to snow and ice this morning - and treacherous side roads and pavements.
Traffic is heavy at the main entrances to the town, moving slowly - but moving. However, side roads are proving hazardous for vehicles with the compacted snow become icy.
Pavements in the shaded areas are also icy, with several pedestrians and cyclists coming a cropper.
10.30am - Public car parks snow-sovered and very slippery with the compacted snow. Majority of the roads and pavements in the town centre are clear and the sun is shining. Bitterly cold slight wind. Side roads and pavements continue to cause problems for pedestrians.
You may also want to watch:
11.30am - Snow falling heavily and strongly, creating blizzard conditions. Beginning to settle on previously clear pavements and roads, and adding to the difficulty of walking and driving on the already snow-compacted roads and pavements.
12.30pm - Temperature: 1.3C. Bright sunshine is melting away the snow on pavements and roads, only the odd patch of snow remains on isolated sites.
- 1 Man re-arrested over murder of missing 83-year-old Pat Holland
- 2 'Something really fresh for Great Yarmouth' - Empire ready to re-open
- 3 Police searching for Patricia Holland believe her to be dead
- 4 Pleasure Beach's tropical event ready to launch - and free macs if it rains
- 5 Weather warning as more thunderstorms set to hit parts of the region
- 6 Appeal to find missing man from London last seen at Norfolk campsite
- 7 7 big projects in Great Yarmouth and when they are happening
- 8 Coastguard joins search for missing London man last seen in Norfolk
- 9 Tributes to popular entertainer after death following tragic accident
- 10 Best friend pays tribute to missing woman, describing her as a 'lovely lady'
1pm - Snow falling intermittently, grey heavy clouds have blanked out the Sun. Brrrrr!
1.05pm - It's like the early evening outside! Heavy hailstorm is continuing to batter sending shoppers and pedestrians in the streets scurrying into shop doorways for shelter.
1.30pm - Continuing to hail and snow, covering pavements and little-used roads.
2.30pm - Temperature 1C. Bitterly cold and continuing to snow intermittently. Pavements have a dusting of snow as do side roads. Main roads are clear and traffic is flowing smoothly through the town.
3.30pm - All roads clear of ice and snow but bitterly cold. Slush covering some pavements, but fine for walking on. Traffic on roads in and out of the town running smoothly. Late afternoon sunshine!
4.30pm - All clear