Heavy rain alert
GREAT Yarmouth coastguard has said that more heavy rain could be heading towards the town and nearby communities this afternoon.The warning from the coastguard's Havenbridge House headquarters came as a yacht got into difficulty in gale force eight winds 13 miles off Lowestoft.
GREAT Yarmouth coastguard has said that more heavy rain could be heading towards the town and nearby communities this afternoon.
The warning from the coastguard's Havenbridge House headquarters came as a yacht got into difficulty in gale force eight winds 13 miles off Lowestoft.
The Dutch yacht, the Sunshine, is now being towed back to Yarmouth and Gorleston RNLI station after three out of four of is passengers and crew suffered severe sea sickness because of the heavy winds.
Yesterday afternoon Yarmouth and Beccles were battered by torrential rains which caused part of the roof to collapse at the NHS Yarmouth and Waveney headquarter in Beccles.
You may also want to watch:
The heavy rain also flooded several homes and saw the Bradwell Community Centre and Yarmouth's Citizen Advice Bureau in Stone Cutters Way suffer flood damage.
- 1 The Range confirms new store at former Outfit on retail park
- 2 'One in a million' - Bradwell teacher who brought joy to the classroom
- 3 Anger after toilets trashed by youngsters smoking cannabis
- 4 Senior detective's plea to help solve murder of 'lovely lady'
- 5 Further tributes paid to 'larger than life' Gorleston murder victim
- 6 Classic VW camper van gutted by fire on A47
- 7 Holiday homes bid for site of former landmark hotel
- 8 Inquest into death of 23-year-old found on beach adjourned again
- 9 Trek the city on the T.rex trail
- 10 'Know the waters are dangerous' - Rip tide warning following rescue from Norfolk beach