Heavy rain alert
GREAT Yarmouth coastguard has said that more heavy rain could be heading towards the town and nearby communities this afternoon.The warning from the coastguard's Havenbridge House headquarters came as a yacht got into difficulty in gale force eight winds 13 miles off Lowestoft.
GREAT Yarmouth coastguard has said that more heavy rain could be heading towards the town and nearby communities this afternoon.
The warning from the coastguard's Havenbridge House headquarters came as a yacht got into difficulty in gale force eight winds 13 miles off Lowestoft.
The Dutch yacht, the Sunshine, is now being towed back to Yarmouth and Gorleston RNLI station after three out of four of is passengers and crew suffered severe sea sickness because of the heavy winds.
Yesterday afternoon Yarmouth and Beccles were battered by torrential rains which caused part of the roof to collapse at the NHS Yarmouth and Waveney headquarter in Beccles.
You may also want to watch:
The heavy rain also flooded several homes and saw the Bradwell Community Centre and Yarmouth's Citizen Advice Bureau in Stone Cutters Way suffer flood damage.
- 1 Seaside restaurant hit with zero food hygiene rating
- 2 Norfolk boxer turns pro after winning fight against bullies
- 3 Land 'on fringe' of popular Norfolk village set for auction
- 4 New £14m special education school opens after two-year build
- 5 Great Yarmouth's Portuguese residents' share love for 'second home'
- 6 Key workers share 'frustrating' impact of panic-buying of fuel
- 7 Norfolk man wins electric motorcycle worth £12,000
- 8 Apartment blocks close to seafront set for auction
- 9 Q&A: All you need to know about fuel shortages
- 10 Bin collection days to change across Great Yarmouth area