Fill a Christmas stocking and help people in need
- Credit: Archant
A Christmas stocking appeal has been launched to help bring festive cheer to people in need in the Great Yarmouth area.
Following a donation of more than 150 Christmas stockings by Towergate Insurance, Trevor Saunders, of Mandalay Wellbeing CIC, is asking people and businesses if they would consider filling one with essential items for people in need in the borough.
Mr Saunders said: “We have organised several projects for people around Great Yarmouth with the help of East Norfolk Medical Practice, Age Connected and many other groups. When we received the donation it just seemed like a good idea.
“The practice and in particular Dr Ailsa Sheldon have always tried to help with projects like this and we are delighted that they are again involved.”
Stockings can be collected or donations can be made at the Acorn Centre in Regent Street or Lighthouse Medical Centre, Howard Street South.
You may also want to watch:
If any group would like to receive stockings to pass on to people they support, email email@example.com
- 1 Minke whale washes up on beach
- 2 Tributes to much-loved Laura, 28, after Covid death
- 3 Council pay out six claims to drivers after car park ramp damaged vehicles
- 4 Neighbours oppose off-licence over crime fears
- 5 Drug dealer who targeted young people in Great Yarmouth jailed
- 6 'So proud' - School staff clap for children to mark 'phenomenal' work
- 7 Ghostly photos show deserted Yarmouth in lockdown
- 8 Norfolk-based Brexit Party founder punished for Covid protest
- 9 Man in court over Norfolk Broads' boat break-ins during lockdown
- 10 Egg and Spud Man's delivery service booms in lockdown