Hemsby chalets destroyed in arson attack
POLICE are hunting an arsonist who completely destroyed two Norfolk holiday chalets in the early hours of this morning. The unoccupied chalets at the Hemsby Beach Holiday Village in Hemsby, near Yarmouth were set ablaze at about 4.
POLICE are hunting an arsonist who completely destroyed two Norfolk holiday chalets in the early hours of this morning.
The unoccupied chalets at the Hemsby Beach Holiday Village in Hemsby, near Yarmouth were set ablaze at about 4.30am.
Firecrews from Yarmouth and Martham took about 40 minutes to put out the blaze, which police and Norfolk Fire and Rescue Service investigators confirmed as arson.
An attempt was also made to break-in to a burger van on the site.
You may also want to watch:
Police spokesman Jon Dack said: “We would like to hear from anyone who may have witnessed any suspicious persons or vehicles in the area or from anyone with information in relation to those responsible.”
Anyone with information should contact Sgt Caroline Adams of Caister police station on 0845 4564567.
- 1 Woman felt her life was 'destroyed' after rape by two men, court hears
- 2 'Something really fresh for Great Yarmouth' - Empire ready to re-open
- 3 Public urged to check outbuildings as fears grow for missing woman
- 4 Police sniffer dogs join search for missing woman
- 5 'Very little known' about man, 76, who died at home, inquest hears
- 6 Tributes to popular entertainer after death following tragic accident
- 7 Man arrested on suspicion of murder in Gorleston is released on bail
- 8 'Busy' wildlife rescue centre bids for a permanent home
- 9 Forensic officers back as hunt for missing Patricia Holland in fifth day
- 10 Drug dealer walks free from court for his 145th offence