Woman rescued after leisure cruiser fall in Broads
- Credit: Archant
A woman who slipped while getting off a leisure cruiser was rescued by a lifeboat crew.
Hemsby Lifeboat was called on Monday (September 30) to assist in evacuating a woman who had stumbled from a cruiser on the island moorings at Malthouse Broad.
Daniel Hurd, member of the crew, said the woman had suffered a painful injury to her knee, preventing her from moving from the ground outside the cruiser hired by her and her husband.
Winterton and Gorleston coastguard teams were also at the scene and assisted in evacuating the wife and husband.
The woman was carried by stretcher to shelter in the Maltsters, a pub in Ranworth village, to wait for an ambulance.
You may also want to watch:
Hemsby Lifeboat has thanked the pub's staff who helped make the area comfortable for the casualty and also supplied complementary refreshments including tea, coffee and Coca-Cola for the coastguards and crew members.
- 1 Beach and dunes depleted by 'massive forces' as high tides hit
- 2 All the major Christmas events in Norfolk that can go ahead
- 3 Taxi driver stole more than £17,000 from his employer
- 4 Construction of £26m Marina Centre to begin in coming weeks
- 5 'Give it back' - Man's plea after his moped is stolen
- 6 Road closed for two days for resurfacing
- 7 'Gutted' - Thieves take BMW wheels leaving car on bricks
- 8 Town in mourning as nightclub owner who 'loved everybody' dies at 49
- 9 'The most difficult one yet' - Knitting queen displays her latest creation
- 10 Warning about ‘you’re wanted for arrest’ cold call tax scam