Vandals climb on roof and smash football club's equipment
- Credit: Google Maps
A group of vandals climbed onto a pavilion roof and smashed equipment belonging to a football team.
Norfolk Police have said the incident happened on Sunday night (June 4), when a plastic football training pole was damaged on the Pavilion along Waters Lane in Hemsby.
Keith Kyriacou, chairman of Hemsby parish council, said he was called, with another councillor, to the area at approximately 9pm to reports that people were on the roof of the pavilion.
"They were up on the roof and also smashing poles up at the back of the pavilion," he said.
"When we got there, we dispersed them. There were eight or nine of them."
Waters Lane Playing Field boasts a children's playground, as well as a sports and social club and pavilion which are home to Hemsby FC.
The club has been contacted for comment.
The incident follows recent acts of vandalism at the toilets near the bus stop on Kings Way in the village.
- 1 Dismay at appeal ruling on homes bid for site of former registry office
- 2 Man taken to hospital after cardiac arrest at beach
- 3 Trains cancelled due to flooding - and more heavy rain expected
- 4 Woman whose house was bombed in the war celebrates 100th birthday
- 5 Testing ramped up after 'extreme rise' in Covid cases in coastal areas
- 6 Great Yarmouth bakery forced to close after it was 'condemned dangerous'
- 7 'Lost a couple of staff members a day' - how the 'pingdemic' is hitting Norfolk
- 8 'Do your bit to slow spread' - plea as Covid hospital admissions remain low
- 9 Man suffers injuries after road rage assault near retail park
- 10 Parking ban outside town centre church looks set to be reversed
Enquiries are ongoing and any witnesses or anyone with information should contact PC Gary May at Great Yarmouth Police Station on 101 quoting crime number 36/48081/21.