Hemsby store named top shop
Village shops at Trunch and Hemsby have been named among the UK’s top convenience stores.
Chris and Jenny Owen, owners of Trunch Premier, and Peter and Simone Calnon, of Spar Hemsby, saw off competition from thousands of stores across the UK to scoop the accolade at the Robert Wiseman Dairies Neighbourhood Shop of the Year awards, which recognises the contribution local neighbourhood stores make to their local community.
Judges were impressed by the Owens’ range of local produce which includes locally harvested honey. The couple are well known in the village for their hard work and willingness to help local charities and the community as a whole, including their annual halloween competition
The Hemsby shop attracted attention of the judges by offering a large range of local meats and pies as well as freshly prepared sandwiches which are very popular during the very busy summer months at the holiday village.
After being nominated by their customers, each of the national finalists underwent a rigorous judging process including secret visits.
You may also want to watch:
Sandy Wilkie, sales and marketing director at Robert Wiseman Dairies said: “We supply fresh milk and cream to over 5,000 convenience stores across the UK, so we’re well qualified to recognise the importance of local convenience retailers to the community.
“In the current economic climate convenience stores are a key factor in maintaining the local economy as well as playing a major part in their community.”
- 1 Third teenager arrested over Yarmouth park stabbing
- 2 Tesco applies to sell alcohol from pub site
- 3 Seaside cafe opens new toy library for dogs
- 4 Revealed: The most expensive towns to buy a home in Norfolk
- 5 Crowds pour on to streets to enjoy light and sound display
- 6 Thrilling Fire on the Water show to light up Yarmouth
- 7 They started life in lockdown - but how are these businesses doing now?
- 8 Gorleston high street closed this week for emergency gas works
- 9 The most popular baby names in Norfolk in 2020 are revealed
- 10 Award-winning Halloween event returns to Great Yarmouth this half term