Hemsby teenager back home
A HEMSBY teenager is back home after playing her part in a national competition organised by St John Ambulance.Francesca Collins, 16, was picked to represent Norfolk in the National Cadet of the Year event in Nottingham where she was put through her paces and judged for initiative, teamwork and leadership qualities.
A HEMSBY teenager is back home after playing her part in a national competition organised by St John Ambulance.
Francesca Collins, 16, was picked to represent Norfolk in the National Cadet of the Year event in Nottingham where she was put through her paces and judged for initiative, teamwork and leadership qualities.
Currently working for a local accountancy firm and hoping to be a fully qualified accountant by the time she is 22, Francesca has been a member of St John Ambulance Norfolk, Martham Division for seven years.
Over two days, Francesca was interviewed and assessed in a bid to win the role of overall Cadet of the Year against 37 other cadets from across the UK.
You may also want to watch:
Despite not winning the overall title, she said of the experience: “I feel glad that I had the opportunity to represent the county in such an important event and I will most certainly be taking back to my division some of the knowledge and new ideas that I gained over the two days.”
Francesca performed many tasks throughout the weekend in Nottingham and was judged for her presentation, ability to work in a team, and her knowledge of St John Ambulance as an organisation.
- 1 Drone photo shows £26m seafront leisure centre taking shape
- 2 Norfolk and Suffolk Election 2021: Low turnout in Great Yarmouth
- 3 'Water runs down the walls' - Woman, 65, hits out at mouldy council flat
- 4 What's opening in Great Yarmouth from May 17?
- 5 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: LIVE Results
- 6 Buy a B&B as nine for sale in 'boom year' for budget hotels
- 7 Man jailed after abducting 14-year-old girl
- 8 Covid jab centre receives additional vaccination stocks
- 9 Man charged with having more than 220,000 indecent images of children
- 10 Man dies after being found unresponsive in car at retail park
She added: “The ceremony was a very special moment that I will cherish and hopefully I have made my county proud to have me representing them at such an important event.”
Francesca was said to be: “A very popular member of the division and a shining example to other young people.”
To find out more about youth membership opportunities with St John Ambulance contact 01603 431639 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.