Hollyoaks Zoe to star in film set in Hemsby
A NORFOLK director, writer and producer is appealing for local businesses to sponsor a new feature film starring Hollyoaks actress Zoe Lister.
Simon Edwards is searching for funds to help him pay for the accommodation for his cast while they are filming on location in Hemsby and Winterton.
The 29-year-old, of Aylsham, plans to shoot his debut feature film, Beneath a Neon Tide, for two weeks from October 1 to October 14 on a budget of �3,000.
The film tracks the life of a troubled London youngster who learns about the darker side of his family while staying with his uncle in Hemsby.
It will star Zoe Lister of Hollyoaks, Emma Lock of The Human Centipede II and Jamie Biddle of Drive-by Sunset.
Mr Edwards, who worked as an extra on the Hollywood blockbuster Rocky Balboa and received two nominations for previous films at the British horror film festival, said the feature film will be his most ambitious project to date.
He said: “It has taken me three years to get to this level and at the moment it is hard work.
- 1 Motorcylist in 50s in hospital with serious injuries after tyre shop crash
- 2 5 of the best places to spot celebrities in and around Yarmouth
- 3 Landlord finds 20 rabbits abandoned at home after tenants move out
- 4 Driver caught at speeds of nearly 100mph also found to have no licence
- 5 First look as Ainsley Harriott and Grace Dent visit Yarmouth for TV show
- 6 'The best yet' - Yarmouth's celebration of wheels gearing up for return
- 7 Father still searching six months after Pawel Martyniak went missing
- 8 Broads Authority moves to prosecute pub over caravans - again
- 9 Six arrested after Willow the dog finds 'substantial' quantity of drugs
- 10 The care home bringing people together in its own pub
“But there is not much story-driven stuff coming out of British cinema at the moment, so I am determined to do something different.
“I used to holiday in Hemsby, so when I was searching for a place that represented a traditional seaside town I immediately thought of there.
“I think it is the perfect place to shoot this film because, in many ways, it is a seaside town that has not changed in years and it is surrounded by beautiful scenery – the combination will be incredible.”
The script is going through its eighth revision in preparation for when filming starts in the autumn.
The Norfolk film-maker said that it was always his first choice to have Zoe Lister because he had admired her previous work.
“When I saw Zoe’s audition tape, I knew she would be fantastic in this film,” he added.
“At the beginning I tried to put her off the script because I wanted to make sure she was really committed to this film, but she kept coming back telling me she was interested.”