Homefield Primary maths week
HOMEFIELD Primary School in Bradwell held a maths week for all year groups with children taking part in various activities. Parents were invited into school for the morning to see the different ways how their children are taught maths and some of the methods used for calculations.
HOMEFIELD Primary School in Bradwell held a maths week for all year groups with children taking part in various activities.
Parents were invited into school for the morning to see the different ways how their children are taught maths and some of the methods used for calculations.
And the school also held a science week where pupils put the fun and magic back into science with a week of experiments.
The theme of the week was changes and each year group worked on various activities.
You may also want to watch:
In nursery the emphasis was on traditional stories and linking them with cooking, while the reception class looked at the changes in humans from birth.
Year 1 looked at plants, animals and growing and enjoyed a trip to Salhouse Farm, near Norwich, where they were lucky enough to look at the various farm animals, crops and tasted raw vegetables.
- 1 Weekly fireworks making 'spectacular' return to seafront
- 2 TV presenter Stephen Mulhern spotted filming pop-up game show in Yarmouth
- 3 Appeal to find missing man from Gorleston
- 4 Bid for grocery store in end-of-terrace house
- 5 Drone images show devastation caused by holiday centre fire
- 6 Three taken to hospital after eight crews battle holiday park blaze
- 7 Missing man from Gorleston found
- 8 Yarmouth police officer admits seven child porn offences
- 9 Body believed to be missing man found near Norfolk coast
- 10 Man, 41, charged with Pat Holland's murder as human remains found
Pupils in Year 2 carried out experiments with materials, ice and food colouring, as well as investigating the effect heat has on food. Year 3 were also carrying out their own investigations with materials, their properties and purpose. Year 4 visited a local allotment and planned a crop growing area within the school grounds.