Fire which destroyed entrance to holiday park’s main complex caused by fault
PUBLISHED: 15:53 11 November 2019 | UPDATED: 15:53 11 November 2019
A fire which ripped through the entrance of a holiday park’s main complex was caused by an electrical fault.
Six fire crews rushed to Haven's Hopton Holiday Village in the early hours of Friday, November 8, following reports of a blaze on the site in Warren Road.
Firefighters from Gorleston, Great Yarmouth, Lowestoft north, Lowestoft south, Martham and Loddon battled the fire for almost three hours before it was put out at 8.11am.
The blaze, which started on the roof of the main complex foyer, smashed a number of glass panels and left a gaping hole in the roof.
A spokesman for Norfolk Fire and Rescue confirmed the fire was caused by an electrical fault.
The damage was contained to the entrance of the main complex which underwent a multi-million pound investment ahead of the 2019 season.
On Friday, Earlham fire station manager, Alan Jaye, praised his team's response which helped to prevent the fire spreading further into the building.
Hopton Holiday Village has been contacted for comment.
If you value what this story gives you, please consider supporting the Great Yarmouth Mercury. Click the link in the orange box above for details.