Hopton: Pottters opens revamped theatre
DOZENS of specially-invited guests turned out for the unveiling of what is believed to be the longest lit bar in the UKThe new Atlas Bar at the Potters Leisure Resort at Hopton-on-Sea was opened on Thursday night by Norwich City manager Bryan Gunn.
DOZENS of specially-invited guests turned out for the unveiling of what is believed to be the longest lit bar in the UK
The new Atlas Bar at the Potters Leisure Resort at Hopton-on-Sea was opened on Thursday night by Norwich City manager Bryan Gunn.
The bar, which is about 90ft long, is thought to be the longest of its kind in the country and features colour-changing lights and plasma screens above the bar showcasing offers and footage of the shows on stage. It is within the Atlas Theatre, which is home to the Atlas Theatre Company - one of the finest groups outside the West End.
Mr Gunn said: “I've been to Potters Leisure Resort in the past on many different occasions and I go back many, many years with Brian, Judy and John Potter. They invited me along and I'm delighted to have been asked.”
You may also want to watch:
Resort owner Brian Potter said: “It was no small job; the material used for the bar itself is normally used on very expensive yachts and our electrical contractors used more than six and a quarter miles of cabling.
“We now have two wonderful bar areas in the Atlas Theatre and if all the pumps were open at the same time we would be able to serve 20 thousand pints in an hour.”
- 1 Petrol attack shopkeeper opens spice shop and restaurant in former pub
- 2 Yarmouth man convicted of historic rape after DNA match
- 3 Work on Great Yarmouth's Third River Crossing 'progressing well'
- 4 Tributes as Leanne, 29, dies after receiving cancer 'all-clear'
- 5 Land wanted by village sold to mystery buyer for £50,000 more
- 6 Fire on the water bursts into life on Yarmouth seafront
- 7 Thrilling Fire on the Water show to light up Yarmouth
- 8 Too early? Family put up Christmas lights... in October
- 9 Picturesque path stays closed to dog owners after consultation
- 10 Seal charity to take 'unprecendented' action to protect Norfolk seal colony