Horses evacuated after barn fire
HORSES were evacuated as flames engulfed a barn in Blundeston at the weekend.Three Lowestoft fire crews were called to Flixton Road at just before 10pm on Saturday and discovered the horses had already been moved before the barn was destroyed.
HORSES were evacuated as flames engulfed a barn in Blundeston at the weekend.
Three Lowestoft fire crews were called to Flixton Road at just before 10pm on Saturday and discovered the horses had already been moved before the barn was destroyed.
Police cordoned off the road as firefighters, who initially feared chemicals were involved, fought the blaze. Their fears were unfounded, although they did have to deal with an asbestos roof at the rear of the building.
The fire was extinguished just after 11.30pm and firefighters remained at the scene for about two hours to damp down the site.
You may also want to watch:
A Suffolk police spokesman said the cause of the fire was not suspicious.
- 1 Holiday homes bid for site of former landmark hotel
- 2 Inquest into death of 23-year-old found on beach adjourned again
- 3 Trek the city on the T.rex trail
- 4 Murder investigation launched after woman found dead following house fire
- 5 The Range confirms new store at former Outfit on retail park
- 6 'One in a million' - Bradwell teacher who brought joy to the classroom
- 7 Anger after toilets trashed by youngsters smoking cannabis
- 8 Senior detective's plea to help solve murder of 'lovely lady'
- 9 Further tributes paid to 'larger than life' Gorleston murder victim
- 10 Classic VW camper van gutted by fire on A47