Horses evacuated after barn fire
HORSES were evacuated as flames engulfed a barn in Blundeston at the weekend.Three Lowestoft fire crews were called to Flixton Road at just before 10pm on Saturday and discovered the horses had already been moved before the barn was destroyed.
HORSES were evacuated as flames engulfed a barn in Blundeston at the weekend.
Three Lowestoft fire crews were called to Flixton Road at just before 10pm on Saturday and discovered the horses had already been moved before the barn was destroyed.
Police cordoned off the road as firefighters, who initially feared chemicals were involved, fought the blaze. Their fears were unfounded, although they did have to deal with an asbestos roof at the rear of the building.
The fire was extinguished just after 11.30pm and firefighters remained at the scene for about two hours to damp down the site.
You may also want to watch:
A Suffolk police spokesman said the cause of the fire was not suspicious.
- 1 Seaside restaurant hit with zero food hygiene rating
- 2 Norfolk boxer turns pro after winning fight against bullies
- 3 Land 'on fringe' of popular Norfolk village set for auction
- 4 New £14m special education school opens after two-year build
- 5 Great Yarmouth's Portuguese residents' share love for 'second home'
- 6 Norfolk man wins electric motorcycle worth £12,000
- 7 'I want to help as many people as I can' - Caister student's song for mental health
- 8 Apartment blocks close to seafront set for auction
- 9 Key workers share 'frustrating' impact of panic-buying of fuel
- 10 Bin collection days to change across Great Yarmouth area