Fire brigade called to domestic fire in Great Yarmouth
PUBLISHED: 14:54 17 July 2018 | UPDATED: 14:54 17 July 2018
Norfolk Fire and Rescue Service have been called to a domestic fire near Great Yarmouth town centre.
Fire engines from Martham and Gorleston were called at around 1.30pm to the house in Northgate Street.
The householder said he turned on the dishwasher which caused an electrical fault and upon seeing smoke and hearing the fire alarm, he quickly left the property with his dog before calling 999.
Crews used breathing apparatus, hoses, hydrants and thermal image cameras to extinguish the fire.
If you value what this story gives you, please consider supporting the Great Yarmouth Mercury. Click the link in the orange box below for details.