The budget: Great Yarmouth estate to receive £860,000
- Credit: Archant
An ambitious project which aims to breathe new life into a Great Yarmouth estate has been given £860,000 thanks to the chancellor's budget.
Chancellor Rishi Sunak revealed plans for the budget on Wednesday and the town's Middlegate estate was included.
Leader of Great Yarmouth Borough Council (GYBC), Carl Smith said: "I'm really pleased about. We've been looking at regeneration around that area.
"This will go a long way to help."
The project would see GYBC spend £82m and would involve the demolition of 301 of the estate's 535 existing homes. 284 new council rented homes would be built, with 226 refurbished.
Are you a resident of the Middlegate estate? What do you think of the announcement? Email your thoughts to email@example.com
- 1 New bus service to link Great Yarmouth with two major airports
- 2 Man on cocktail of drugs arrested after hitting 73mph in 30mph limit
- 3 Heavy winds set to hit Norfolk as yellow weather warning issued
- 4 Concern for missing Great Yarmouth man
- 5 Gorleston road closed for five months for new manhole and tunnel
- 6 Wind turbines, cables and trenches: Is another way possible?
- 7 Car park closed after more erosion at Winterton
- 8 Amelia Reynolds: 'I've learned to live a bit more in the present - enjoy the right now'
- 9 ‘We need action now’: Flood hit Broads business backs river barrier calls
- 10 Items from Lidl and Sainsbury's recalled over health and safety concerns