Bid for four-storey waterside flats on warehouse site
- Credit: Google Maps
A block of 15 flats could rise up on a riverside warehouse site in Great Yarmouth.
The unit, used previously for the cold storage of food products, is in North River Road, where it meets Archer's Road overlooking the River Bure and yacht station.
A planning statement prepared on behalf of the applicant says the flats will add to the borough's housing stock and chime with the local authority's ambition for 1,000 homes along the industrial riverside.
It says the site is in a key regeneration area and that the flats would promote the renaissance of the waterfront to become "a vibrant, urban area" as well as being "sympathetic" to what is already there.
Because of the flood risk no habitable areas will be on the ground floor.
You may also want to watch:
The block will comprise three one-bedroom and 12 two-bedroom flats. Drawings show a single flat-roofed building with grey windows and white render.
Maximum occupancy is said to be 54 people. There will be 12 parking spaces and bays for cycles and motorbikes.
To view the plans visit the borough council's planning portal using the reference 06/21/0292/F.
- 1 Murder investigation launched after woman found dead following house fire
- 2 Work continues on burst water main as lane closure remains
- 3 Woman in her 60s dies following Gorleston fire
- 4 Man with cerebral palsy hits Norfolk on 1,900 mile run
- 5 Government looks set to delay lifting of coronavirus lockdown restrictions
- 6 Traffic delays on major road due to burst water main
- 7 New dance academy on the lookout for members of all abilities
- 8 Flooded road causes disruption to bus services and drivers
- 9 Police and fire crews at house blaze next to hospital
- 10 Room with a dragon's view: Inside Norfolk's first wizard-themed hotel