Bid for four-storey waterside flats on warehouse site
- Credit: Google Maps
A block of 15 flats could rise up on a riverside warehouse site in Great Yarmouth.
The unit, used previously for the cold storage of food products, is in North River Road, where it meets Archer's Road overlooking the River Bure and yacht station.
A planning statement prepared on behalf of the applicant says the flats will add to the borough's housing stock and chime with the local authority's ambition for 1,000 homes along the industrial riverside.
It says the site is in a key regeneration area and that the flats would promote the renaissance of the waterfront to become "a vibrant, urban area" as well as being "sympathetic" to what is already there.
Because of the flood risk no habitable areas will be on the ground floor.
The block will comprise three one-bedroom and 12 two-bedroom flats. Drawings show a single flat-roofed building with grey windows and white render.
Maximum occupancy is said to be 54 people. There will be 12 parking spaces and bays for cycles and motorbikes.
To view the plans visit the borough council's planning portal using the reference 06/21/0292/F.
- 1 Bid for superbike warehouse bringing 30 jobs shifts to new site
- 2 Injuries reported after crash closes road in Great Yarmouth
- 3 Renewed objections to demolition of pub empty for a decade
- 4 Pregnancy joy for slimmer who lost over 6 stone for IVF
- 5 Great Yarmouth in 2022 - Key trends to look out for this year
- 6 'We need to live our lives' - Mercury survey reveals Covid impact
- 7 See inside £1.1m Broads' home with own cottage and pool
- 8 10 rescued pets looking for new homes in Norfolk
- 9 Seven flats proposed on site of former children's home
- 10 New operators take over at council-owned leisure centre