Bid for new affordable homes on 'eyesore' site in Gorleston
- Credit: Google Maps
A bid for for eight, three-storey homes is being looked at by planners.
Under the scheme C&A Builders wants to sweep away a single storey building on a derelict site between Alpha Road and Common Road in Gorleston.
The patch of land stands on the footprint of a warehouse that burned down and was cleared some years ago.
Papers submitted by Bidwells in support of the application say the eight homes will see two blocks of four each facing Alpha Road and Common Road and backing on to each other.
The documents say the plan follows a similar housing bid approved in 1998 but never built.
The homes will see an entrance porch, toilet, and kitchen diner on the ground floor, with a living room and bathroom on the first, and two double bedrooms at the top.
They will all be affordable and managed by Saffron Homes.
- 1 Bid for superbike warehouse bringing up to 30 new jobs
- 2 Long-awaited plans for A47 roundabout revamps revealed
- 3 Suspect identified in seafront hate attack
- 4 'Adored' teaching assistant retiring after more than three decades
- 5 Sentencing adjourned for man who travelled 272 miles to meet girl
- 6 Market place parking 'amnesty' to tackle school run chaos
- 7 Christmas magic comes to Gorleston
- 8 Drug dealers and shoplifters to be targeted by police
- 9 'The right thing to do' - Great Yarmouth people respond to new restrictions
- 10 'They make people smile': Mural painted on to town's purple parrot house
A planning statement says the redevelopment of the derelict, "eyesore" site "will benefit the whole of the local community."
To view the plans and have your say visit the borough council's planning portal on its website.