Human Womble arrest warrant issued in Great Yarmouth
Anthony Carroll The arrest of a 74-year-old Great Yarmouth man known as the human Womble was ordered today after he failed to attend a court hearing.Dennis Bostock was due to appear at Yarmouth Magistrates Court this morning to see if he would be given an antisocial behaviour order(ASBO) banning him from strewing litter along a seafront road.
The arrest of a 74-year-old Great Yarmouth man known as the human Womble was ordered today after he failed to attend a court hearing.
Dennis Bostock was due to appear at Yarmouth Magistrates Court this morning to see if he would be given an antisocial behaviour order(ASBO) banning him from strewing litter along a seafront road.
Last Tuesday Bostock, who lives in a B&B in Apsley Road, was convicted in his absence of five counts of disturbing black bins in a service road between Apsley Road and Marine Parade.
He had been due to appear today after Yarmouth Borough Council sought to make a three year ASBO against him following his convictions.
Bostock's landlady Mary Chapman had written to the court saying he was aware of the hearing and that he would not attend.
- 1 Mixed feelings for traders as they move into Great Yarmouth's new market
- 2 Rollesby mum shares heartbreak after death of her seven-year-old daughter
- 3 Six arrested after Willow the dog finds 'substantial' quantity of drugs
- 4 Drone shots show British warship anchored off Yarmouth ahead of Jubilee
- 5 Tributes to 'wonderful' school head who loved to see children learn
- 6 From schools to shops: All you need to know about living in Gorleston
- 7 Green light for new Sainsbury's store on 850-home estate
- 8 Crews called to collapsed walker on remote Norfolk Broads' path
- 9 8 places where you can see fireworks for free in Norfolk for the jubilee
- 10 Hero boxer rescues man who plunged into river to save dog
The letter also said she believed that her tenant should be helped and not punished.
Judge Philip Browning decided the council's ASBO application could not be made without Bostock's presence and issued an arrest warrant for him.
If the ASBO is granted Bostock will be forbidden from tampering with any rubbish bins or bags, entering the service road and placing food out for birds or other animals.
Bostock was labelled the human Womble when he filled his previous home full of rubbish in Blackpool and appeared on the television programmes Neighbours From Hell and a Life of Grime.