Human Womble arrest warrant issued in Great Yarmouth
Anthony Carroll The arrest of a 74-year-old Great Yarmouth man known as the human Womble was ordered today after he failed to attend a court hearing.Dennis Bostock was due to appear at Yarmouth Magistrates Court this morning to see if he would be given an antisocial behaviour order(ASBO) banning him from strewing litter along a seafront road.
The arrest of a 74-year-old Great Yarmouth man known as the human Womble was ordered today after he failed to attend a court hearing.
Dennis Bostock was due to appear at Yarmouth Magistrates Court this morning to see if he would be given an antisocial behaviour order(ASBO) banning him from strewing litter along a seafront road.
Last Tuesday Bostock, who lives in a B&B in Apsley Road, was convicted in his absence of five counts of disturbing black bins in a service road between Apsley Road and Marine Parade.
You may also want to watch:
He had been due to appear today after Yarmouth Borough Council sought to make a three year ASBO against him following his convictions.
Bostock's landlady Mary Chapman had written to the court saying he was aware of the hearing and that he would not attend.
- 1 Police called after elderly, sick seal attacked with stones
- 2 The budget: Great Yarmouth estate to receive £860,000
- 3 Where sewage is being emptied in rivers and waters around Yarmouth
- 4 All you need to know about Yarmouth's first fair in the park
- 5 More than 31,000 tickets sold for Fire on the Water
- 6 This pub can be included on your Trick or Treat round
- 7 Mother and daughter celebrate multi-generation graduation
- 8 Where can you see Father Christmas in the borough?
- 9 New boost for the Wellesley
- 10 Man who died after a medical episode in Hopton identified
The letter also said she believed that her tenant should be helped and not punished.
Judge Philip Browning decided the council's ASBO application could not be made without Bostock's presence and issued an arrest warrant for him.
If the ASBO is granted Bostock will be forbidden from tampering with any rubbish bins or bags, entering the service road and placing food out for birds or other animals.
Bostock was labelled the human Womble when he filled his previous home full of rubbish in Blackpool and appeared on the television programmes Neighbours From Hell and a Life of Grime.