Hunt for pigeon Homer's owner
THE RSPCA is appealing for the owner of a mystery German Beauty Homer pigeon found in King's Lynn.The charity was contacted when the thin and lethargic pigeon was found in Walpole Road on January 15.
THE RSPCA is appealing for the owner of a mystery German Beauty Homer pigeon found in King's Lynn.
The charity was contacted when the thin and lethargic pigeon was found in Walpole Road on January 15.It was taken to East Winch Wildlife Centre where they found the bird was underweight but otherwise healthy.
After spending two weeks at East Winch, the pigeon, thought to be a German Beauty, was taken to the RSPCA's Block Fen Animal Centre in Wimblington, Cambs, on February 1.
It is now doing well and is eating. It is also used to being handled.
You may also want to watch:
Animal centre staff have nicknamed the bird “Homer” as this variety are sometimes known as German Beauty Homers.
Centre manager, Jacqueline Williams, said: “We think he is a male bird and may have been a show bird although he has no ring or microchip to identify him.
- 1 One person left with serious injuries after Yarmouth crash
- 2 Thrilling Fire on the Water show to light up Yarmouth
- 3 Burglars make off with bird equipment after Great Yarmouth break in
- 4 Police appeal after motorcyclist sustains serious injuries in crash
- 5 Hope steps seen in Danny Boyle's Yesterday will get much-needed repairs
- 6 Spectacular show to light up Great Yarmouth's Venetian Waterways
- 7 Road shuts in Great Yarmouth after crash involving two cars
- 8 Meet the Yarmouth firm on tonight's Grand Designs
- 9 Woman suffers fatal heart attack in ambulance outside Paget
- 10 'How can they do this to mum' - Anger as 87-year-old dumped at care home
“Someone may be missing the pigeon and we would like to get him back to his owner if possible.”
Anyone who thinks they know where the pigeon may have come from should contact Block Fen Animal Centre on 0300 123 0726.