Hunt on for models of the future at Great Yarmouth’s Market Gates Shopping Centre
- Credit: Archant
The Great Yarmouth Mercury has paired up with the Market Gates Shopping Centre to hunt for the models of the future.
This Saturday between 11am and 4pm, the Modelsearch team will be returning to Market Gates for the second of two scouting days.
The scouts will be inviting children from four years and upwards and adults to take part and they will take a picture and details of the models.
After Saturday’s scouting day, 60 of the applicants will be invited to return to the centre on Wednesday, June 7 for a casting session.
At the casting session, judges for the stores at Market Gates and the Modelsearch team will choose a girl and boy in each of the age categories (four to six, seven to 10, 11 to 15 and 16 year and older) to attend a professional fashion shoot at the centre in the autumn when they also receive a digital portfolio of their pictures.
These eight models will feature in publicity material for the fashion stores at Market Gates and one may be selected for an all expenses fashion shoot in London with top international photographer Lou Denim, who has photographed Robbie Williams, Rita Ora and Jessie J as well as working on fashion shoots for H & M, and Levi.
Dee Greenwood, deputy centre manager, said: “When the scouting team visited the centre last week, 92 models-in-the making took part and their photos can now be seen on the centre’s Facebook page.
- 1 Mixed feelings for traders as they move into Great Yarmouth's new market
- 2 Rollesby mum shares heartbreak after death of her seven-year-old daughter
- 3 Six arrested after Willow the dog finds 'substantial' quantity of drugs
- 4 Drone shots show British warship anchored off Yarmouth ahead of Jubilee
- 5 Green light for new Sainsbury's store on 850-home estate
- 6 Tributes to 'wonderful' school head who loved to see children learn
- 7 Crews called to collapsed walker on remote Norfolk Broads' path
- 8 Work begins on £3m Great Yarmouth council flats development
- 9 Hero boxer rescues man who plunged into river to save dog
- 10 8 places where you can see fireworks for free in Norfolk for the jubilee
“We are hoping that this will inspire more people to come along and enter.”
“We have some brilliant fashion stores at Market Gates, so we are keen to find the best local talent to model their collections.
“Who better than our local shoppers and their children to be our own supermodels, and where better than the pages of The Mercury and the malls in our scheme to begin the search?
“Modelsearch will be a lot of fun which will take one person on a real voyage of discovery with a trip to London for a top quality fashion shoot.”
“In November last year, Kia Buller from Bradwell was not only the winner of the teenage age group, she was also one of the top eight who had a taste of the fashion life when she attended the London shoot.
“We have some great looking people in the town and hope that, once again, one of the eventual finalists will go to London for this fantastic modelling opportunity.”