Icy roads and snow
THE Great Yarmouth area woke up to snow and ice this morning - and treacherous side roads and pavements.Traffic is heavy at the main entrances to the town, moving slowly - but moving.
THE Great Yarmouth area woke up to snow and ice this morning - and treacherous side roads and pavements.
Traffic is heavy at the main entrances to the town, moving slowly - but moving. However, side roads are proving hazardous for vehicles with the compacted snow become icy.
Pavements in the shaded areas are also icy, with several pedestrians and cyclists coming a cropper.
10.30am - Public car parks snow-sovered and very slippery with the compacted snow. Majority of the roads and pavements in the town centre are clear and the sun is shining. Bitterly cold slight wind. Side roads and pavements continue to cause problems for pedestrians.
You may also want to watch:
11.30am - Snow falling heavily and strongly, creating blizzard conditions. Beginning to settle on previously clear pavements and roads, and adding to the difficulty of walking and driving on the already snow-compacted roads and pavements.
Update in an hour….
- 1 Man in his 50s dies after head-on collision on A143
- 2 'Glagoon' returns to Norfolk beach and locals are loving it
- 3 Man dies after medical emergency on beach
- 4 Spiking in Great Yarmouth club last weekend
- 5 How Great Yarmouth are you? Take our quiz to find out
- 6 Bid for new affordable homes on 'eyesore' site in Gorleston
- 7 Man arrested on suspicion of drink and drug driving after fatal crash
- 8 Mother-of-two takes over slumber party business
- 9 New vintage store opens bigger premises
- 10 Fire on the water bursts into life on Yarmouth seafront