Information at your fingertips
THE latest technology is set to put bus services at the fingertips of passengers in Great Yarmouth.A new electronic information point is due to open at the town's bus station at Market Gates Shopping Centre in the next few weeks.
THE latest technology is set to put bus services at the fingertips of passengers in Great Yarmouth.
A new electronic information point is due to open at the town's bus station at Market Gates Shopping Centre in the next few weeks.
Passengers will be able to use a touch screen to check bus and rail timetables and access transport, media and council websites.
Another screen will display departure information and help people find the right bus bay. Costing £12,000, the kiosk will be protected by CCTV.
You may also want to watch:
There are information points at King's Lynn and Norwich which are used by about 3,000 people a month.
Transport development officer at Norfolk County Council, Jeremy Wiggin, said: “This technology has gone down really well with passengers elsewhere.
- 1 Third teenager arrested over Yarmouth park stabbing
- 2 Tesco applies to sell alcohol from pub site
- 3 Seaside cafe opens new toy library for dogs
- 4 Revealed: The most expensive towns to buy a home in Norfolk
- 5 Crowds pour on to streets to enjoy light and sound display
- 6 Thrilling Fire on the Water show to light up Yarmouth
- 7 They started life in lockdown - but how are these businesses doing now?
- 8 Gorleston high street closed this week for emergency gas works
- 9 The most popular baby names in Norfolk in 2020 are revealed
- 10 Award-winning Halloween event returns to Great Yarmouth this half term
“There are lots of exciting things we can do and are trying to engage with people to see what the most appropriate technology is to use.
“We expect the Yarmouth kiosk to be particularly well used because there is no information office at Market Gates.”
A number of buses using the station have been using temporary stops while work is carried on to extend the Market Gates Shopping Centre.