Inquest opens on teenager
An inquest into the death of Yarmouth teenager Simon Everitt was opened and adjourned by coroner Keith Dowding yesterday afternoon.Simon, 17, a Yarmouth College engineering student, died after he was tied to a tree and had petrol poured down his throat at Church Farm in Mautby.
An inquest into the death of Yarmouth teenager Simon Everitt was opened and adjourned by coroner Keith Dowding yesterday afternoon.
Simon, 17, a Yarmouth College engineering student, died after he was tied to a tree and had petrol poured down his throat at Church Farm in Mautby.
He had gone missing on June 7 when he was last seen at the James Paget University Hospital, Gorleston.
His burnt body was found buried in a ditch at the farm on June 28, and his bike was found in a lay-by in Corton.
A post mortem examination revealed Simon died from inhaling a combustible fluid.
Simon's inquest at Yarmouth Magistrates' Court was adjourned by Mr Dowding until April 7 next year.
- 1 Tyson Fury is making a comeback to Gorleston
- 2 Four men arrested following altercation by Great Yarmouth pub
- 3 'It's just not viable anymore' - Pub near Great Yarmouth closes
- 4 Yarmouth's wizard hotel to appear on Four in a Bed
- 5 Man to be sentenced next month over Norfolk pub attack
- 6 Access road for driveways denied to Gorleston residents
- 7 Man who raped teen jailed for six years
- 8 Police called to 'altercation' between pupils at Norfolk school
- 9 Date set for road reopening after sewer collapse
- 10 Pupils 'not afraid to share ideas' - School praised by Ofsted
Det Chief Insp Steve Strong, the detective leading the inquiry, said: “We would still like to hear from anyone who may have noticed anything suspicious in Corton on June 7 or in Mautby between June 7 and 8.”
Anyone with information should call the major investigation team on 0845 4564567.
Three people have been charged with Simon's murder and are due to appear at Norwich Crown Court on July 14.
The three accused are Maria Chandler, 40, of Lancaster Road, Yarmouth; Johnathan Clarke, 19, of Telford, Shropshire; and Jimi Lee Stewart, 24, of Nelson Road Central, Yarmouth.