Inspector calls for Portuguese community
MEMBERS of the Portuguese community in Great Yarmouth will get the opportunity to meet their local police inspector next month. Two meetings will be held in the town with the aim of improving engagement between local police and members of the Portuguese community.
MEMBERS of the Portuguese community in Great Yarmouth will get the opportunity to meet their local police inspector next month.
Two meetings will be held in the town with the aim of improving engagement between local police and members of the Portuguese community.
Inspector Nick Cheshire, who leads the South Yarmouth Safer Neighbourhood Team, will be available to speak to people on October 12 and 13.
Inspector Cheshire said: “There are some groups in Great Yarmouth that we feel we need to improve communication with and the Portuguese community is one of them.
You may also want to watch:
“However, instead of expecting them to come to us we are taking a pro-active approach going into their community.”
Inspector Cheshire will be available to speak to people and find out what quality of life issues they are facing and any problems identified will be addressed by the South Yarmouth SNT.
- 1 Man, 41, charged with Pat Holland's murder as human remains found
- 2 The Empire Strikes Back - our review of the new indoor food market
- 3 Britain's Got Talent golden buzzer winner to appear in Gorleston cabaret show
- 4 Norwich City legends play football against dementia
- 5 Pleasure Beach's tropical event ready to launch - and free macs if it rains
- 6 'Something really fresh for Great Yarmouth' - Empire ready to re-open
- 7 Weather warning as more thunderstorms set to hit parts of the region
- 8 Man re-arrested over murder of missing 83-year-old Pat Holland
- 9 Twin Bakes sell out of treats during first pop-up sale
- 10 Woman felt her life was 'destroyed' after rape by two men, court hears
More than 5,000 Portuguese people live in the Great Yarmouth district and Inspector Cheshire said the meetings provided police with a good opportunity to meet people who otherwise might not have engaged with them before.
The meetings will be held at the following locations:
Monday, October 12, Diversity Community Centre, 6/7 Broad Row, Great Yarmouth, 7-9pm.
Tuesday, October 13, Tropical Caf�, 128 King Street, Great Yarmouth, 7-9pm.
O Insp. Nick Cheshire estar�dispon�vel para falar com as Comunidades de l�ngua Portuguesaque vivem em Great Yarmouth.
Diversity Community Centre 6/7 Broad Row, Great Yarmouth Segunda-Feira, 12 de Outubro 19:00 �s 21:00h lanche disponivel
Tropical Caf�128 King Street, Great Yarmouth Ter�a-Feira, 13 de Outubro19:00 �s 21:00h lanche disponivel