It's official! Ormesby Spar is the best!
A village shop has struck retail gold for the products it stocks and the way it presents them.Spar in North Road, Ormesby St Margaret, was reckoned the best in the country at meeting the needs of its customers at an awards ceremony by Convenience Store Magazine which handed it the Category Management Award.
A village shop has struck retail gold for the products it stocks and the way it presents them.
Spar in North Road, Ormesby St Margaret, was reckoned the best in the country at meeting the needs of its customers at an awards ceremony by Convenience Store Magazine which handed it the Category Management Award.
The award was presented to owner Peter Calnon, who also owns the Hemsby Spar, by TV presenter Paul Ross and event director Matt Butler.
Mr Calnon said winning the award was “a massive deal” for everyone at the store who had worked hard to identify what people wanted. As a result of detailed record keeping more emphasis had been put on chilled and fresh ranges and promotions, with refits at both Hemsby and Ormesby helping to provide a better service and more pleasant shopping experience for customers.
You may also want to watch:
“Winning this award has been the icing on the cake,” Mr Calnon added.
- 1 Londoners fined for travelling to stay at second home in Norfolk
- 2 Norfolk's first mass Covid vaccination centre to open in food court
- 3 Drivers face non-essential travel fines after spate of snow crashes
- 4 'One of a kind' home with golf simulator and gym is for sale for £795,000
- 5 Are you in our Norfolk school photos from the 1970s?
- 6 Drug-dealers caught in undercover police sting
- 7 Killer shrimp 'no-fishing' barriers torn down by vandals in the Broads
- 8 'Too many holiday homes' - Residents object to conversion bid
- 9 £250,000 of cannabis found in two cars on A11
- 10 Covid case rates continue to fall across Norfolk and Waveney