Meet the first baby born on the coast this year
- Credit: Archant
A Lowestoft couple were “amazed” to learn their new son was one of the first babies born in East Anglia in 2020.
Koby Thorpe was delivered by staff at the James Paget Hospital in Gorleston at 12.38am on New Year's Day.
Mum Chelsea Sumner, 26, said she was overwhelmed and that Koby, who weighed 6lb 9oz, was "really content".
"He doesn't even wake up for a feed, I have to wake him up," she said.
Dad Harry Thorpe, 24, said the couple hope to get married in 2021.
You may also want to watch:
They already have a 15-month-old son Isaac who was showing interest in his new younger brother.
"He's trying to work him out," Ms Sumner said.
- 1 Vanishing village - Satellite images show incredible erosion at Winterton
- 2 9 Norfolk pubs with heated gardens for mixed households
- 3 Shocking dashcam footage shows man doing 129mph through village
- 4 Girl, 13, injured in hit-and-run outside village shop
- 5 Police cordon at cafe and beach ahead of demolition
- 6 'One of the most generous people' - Family pays tribute to town 'legend'
- 7 Parts of Norfolk may see snow by end of the week, say forecasters
- 8 'An absolute shock' - clifftop cafe closed amid demolition fears
- 9 'Nothing worse than shut shops': Relief in Great Yarmouth as lockdown lifts
- 10 Schools in Norfolk closed or partially shut due to coronavirus
Mum and dad were also born at the James Paget.