Meet the first baby born on the coast this year
- Credit: Archant
A Lowestoft couple were “amazed” to learn their new son was one of the first babies born in East Anglia in 2020.
Koby Thorpe was delivered by staff at the James Paget Hospital in Gorleston at 12.38am on New Year's Day.
Mum Chelsea Sumner, 26, said she was overwhelmed and that Koby, who weighed 6lb 9oz, was "really content".
"He doesn't even wake up for a feed, I have to wake him up," she said.
Dad Harry Thorpe, 24, said the couple hope to get married in 2021.
They already have a 15-month-old son Isaac who was showing interest in his new younger brother.
"He's trying to work him out," Ms Sumner said.
- 1 Seaside bar taken over for three weeks by Hollywood crew shooting film
- 2 Roadworks will see a Gorleston road closed for three months
- 3 Mayor left waiting as cruise ship can not dock at Yarmouth due to winds
- 4 Investigations continue after body part of man found on Yarmouth beach
- 5 Cyclists embark on challenge from Gorleston to London
- 6 7 delicious places to eat in Great Yarmouth's Regent Road
- 7 The seven cheapest streets in Great Yarmouth
- 8 Great Yarmouth roadworks expected to be finished by the end of the month
- 9 £65,000 of improvements will see Gorleston street closed for six weeks
- 10 'Revolutionary' cancer test trial to begin in Great Yarmouth
Mum and dad were also born at the James Paget.