Norfolk chef Charlie Hodson comes second in sausage roll contest with paralympic swimmer-inspired creation
- Credit: Archant
A Norfolk chef has come second in a national best sausage roll competition with a creation inspired by a swimming star.
Charlie Hodson, executive chef at The Fur and Feather in Woodbastwick, took part in the Sausage Roll Off competition at The Red Lion in Barnes, London.
Mr Hodson made the Jess as a tribute to Great Yarmouth-based Paralympic swimmer Jessica-Jane Applegate.
The recipe had been devised by Mr Hodson and Jess and Jamie Archer of Norwich’s Archer’s Butchers, which supplied the meat for the rolls.
Mr Hodson won the competition last year and was beaten into second place on Wednesday night by Walthamstow chef John Grabecki.
You may also want to watch:
Now the competition is over the sausage rolls will be on sale at Archer’s, The Fur and Feather and Walsingham Farm Shop.
The Sausage Roll Off contest has been running at the Barnes pub since 2013 and involves around 20 chefs.
- 1 Dismay at appeal ruling on homes bid for site of former registry office
- 2 Man taken to hospital after cardiac arrest at beach
- 3 Trains cancelled due to flooding - and more heavy rain expected
- 4 Woman whose house was bombed in the war celebrates 100th birthday
- 5 Testing ramped up after 'extreme rise' in Covid cases in coastal areas
- 6 Great Yarmouth bakery forced to close after it was 'condemned dangerous'
- 7 'Do your bit to slow spread' - plea as Covid hospital admissions remain low
- 8 'Lost a couple of staff members a day' - how the 'pingdemic' is hitting Norfolk
- 9 Man suffers injuries after road rage assault near retail park
- 10 Parking ban outside town centre church looks set to be reversed