Jimmy Choos, number two? Yarmouth bingo hall searches for modern-day calls.
JIMMY choos, number two, and David Beckham, number seven, may not sound like your average bingo call.
But one Great Yarmouth bingo hall is on a mission to revive the tradition - with a modern twist.
Mecca Bingo is calling for people to come forward and suggest their best modern-day bingo calls.
The bingo hall on Regent Road is asking people to visit their Mecca Bingo Facebook fan page and upload a video of their new call.
Every person that enters will receive an e.mail with a unique code for �5 free play online.
The most original calls will be entered to win one of five �100 high street shopping vouchers, while third place will receive �300, second �700, and �1,000 will be handed out to the winner.
Visitors to the page will have the opportunity to “like” their favourite calls, with the votes deciding the top three.
- 1 Sammy, 6, finds 'once-in-a-lifetime' rare fossil on beach
- 2 Bid to extend life of quarry in Broads' village to 85 years
- 3 Six ways Yarmouth wants to solve its housing crisis and 'compete with Norwich'
- 4 Man died on 50th birthday at Norfolk coastal campsite
- 5 Gorleston murder accused not yet fit to enter plea
- 6 Port boss disappointed over cruise ship non-docking
- 7 Seaside bar taken over for three weeks by Hollywood crew shooting film
- 8 Mayor left waiting as cruise ship can not dock at Yarmouth due to winds
- 9 Birthday card plea for 'amazing' Rita who is turning 108
- 10 Roadworks will see a Gorleston road closed for three months
Mike Etherington, general manager of Mecca Bingo, said: “As the game of bingo has changed over the years with new ways of playing, such as online or electronic terminals in clubs, we thought it was about time the calls were updated.
“We want as many quirky/funny/cheeky suggestions as possible and hope to get the full set of 90 calls which will then be read out in the clubs at a special party-night in October.”
Entry to the competition closes on September 25.
The winning calls will be announced at the end of September