Premier Inn jobs boost as new £7.5m seafront hotel takes shape
- Credit: Arch e-tech Design Ltd
The new £7.5m Premier Inn taking shape in Great Yarmouth will create 70 new jobs when it opens next year.
Whitbread, the company behind the development, has said it will focus on recruitment in the local area “in due course.”
Bev Kennard, project and programme manager at Whitbread, who is leading the construction of the hotel and Beefeater at The Edge said:
“The Edge Leisure Park is an important development for Great Yarmouth and we are excited to be a part of it.
“Our new 81-bedroom Premier Inn hotel and Beefeater restaurant at The Edge will be our second hotel in Great Yarmouth.
You may also want to watch:
“Our expansion reflects strong demand for Premier Inn bedrooms from our customers looking to stay in Great Yarmouth on business or for leisure trips throughout the year.
MORE: Pleasure Beach owner delighted after councillors in Great Yarmouth approve The Edge plans“Whitbread is investing more than £7.5m in the new hotel and restaurant.
“We expect to create approximately 70 new jobs on opening and we will focus our recruitment in the Great Yarmouth area in due course.
- 1 Eight pints pulled in first three minutes as pub's 'happy hour' returns
- 2 Landmark seaside hotel serves 100 by midday as lockdown eases
- 3 'Heartbreak' as school wildlife garden attacked over Easter
- 4 Lockdown easing brings joy, smiles and hope on Great Yarmouth's Regent Road
- 5 Two men jailed for stealing 'laughing gas' from hospital
- 6 Months of resurfacing work on Norfolk's roads to start
- 7 Drivers delivering for Amazon have hundreds of pounds of pay withheld
- 8 Cosmetic clinic's waiting list grows as clients want pre-lockdown looks
- 9 Giant Wheel soon to be 'operational' on popular seafront
- 10 'Completely new arcade' - Nine businesses to open in historic mall
“Construction of the hotel and restaurant is going well and we are looking forward to opening our doors in spring 2019 all being well.”