Joint venture is one stop shop
Miles Jermy GREAT Yarmouth accountant John Simpson is linking up with Park View Financial Planning to provide a new one-stop shop for clients who can step in off the street in Gorleston to choose from a wide range of financial services.
GREAT Yarmouth accountant John Simpson is linking up with Park View Financial Planning to provide a new one-stop shop for clients who can step in off the street in Gorleston to choose from a wide range of financial services.
The new joint venture marks a significant step across the county border into Norfolk for Lowestoft-based independent financial adviser Park View, which has grown rapidly since its launch in 2003.
The set-up sees John H Simpson & Associates sharing shop-front premises with Park View on Englands Lane in Gorleston. Both firms will run autonomously outside the terms of the joint venture, which also involves opportunities for each operation to offer services to the other's established clients.
John Simpson, 57, has been a prominent accountant in the Great Yarmouth area for 20 years.
Mr Simpson heads a six-strong team, and an independent financial adviser from Park View will also be available in the shop every day to advise the two firms' existing clients, or anyone who requires instant advice from off the street.
- 1 Tyson Fury is making a comeback to Gorleston
- 2 Access road for driveways denied to Gorleston residents
- 3 New York, Paris, Peckham, Great Yarmouth - Only Fools stars coming to town
- 4 'The best yet' - Yarmouth's celebration of wheels gearing up for return
- 5 Four men arrested following altercation by Great Yarmouth pub
- 6 Pupils 'not afraid to share ideas' - School praised by Ofsted
- 7 Yarmouth's wizard hotel to appear on Four in a Bed
- 8 Church glamping pod plan on ice as £626,000 funding bid awaits approval
- 9 Police called to 'altercation' between pupils at Norfolk school
- 10 'It's just not viable anymore' - Pub near Great Yarmouth closes
The Park View team includes two advisers who are already extremely well-known in Yarmouth through their association with the town's branch of Lloyds. Senior mortgage consultant Hilary Mills spent 37 years with Lloyds before switching to Park View in 2006, and David O'Kane also built up a strong personal following at the bank before joining Park View earlier this year.
Jeremy Woodruff, 40, managing director of Park View, said: “The work of accountants, independent financial advisers and solicitors is nowadays so entwined that we all work naturally in harmony with each other, and this operation provides an attractive one-stop shop for every kind of financial service for people in Great Yarmouth and Gorleston.”