Road to close overnight for surface repairs
- Credit: Archant
A busy Great Yarmouth road is set to close for repairs.
Work will take place Monday, December 11 to carry out carriageway repairs.
King Street will be closed between from 6pm to 11pm.
The closure will be from the junction of the Regent Road to junction of Howard Street South.
A signed diversion route will be in place via King Street, Yarmouth Way, South Quay/Hall Quay, North Quay, Fullers Hill roundabout and Regent Street.
Parking will be suspended along King Street between Regent Road and Yarmouth Way to allow for buses.
A spokesman for the county council apologised for any inconvenience this may cause.
- 1 New Norfolk café is selling out of its custard tarts and Nutella-filled croissants
- 2 New York, Paris, Peckham, Great Yarmouth - Only Fools stars coming to town
- 3 'The best yet' - Yarmouth's celebration of wheels gearing up for return
- 4 Village gets together to repair empty home for Ukrainian refugees
- 5 New seafront festival promises feast of family fun
- 6 Tyson Fury is making a comeback to Gorleston
- 7 Consultant maps his medical journey
- 8 Roadworks to be aware of in and around Great Yarmouth this week
- 9 Access road for driveways denied to Gorleston residents
- 10 Charity football match to boost Norfolk and Waveney MIND
The work which will cost £700 will be carried out by the county council’s Community and Environmental Services Department and their contractors.
It comes as work has been carried out near the junction of King Street and Regent Road to fix a big pothole.