Knifed Yarmouth man had planned to marry
PUBLISHED: 18:00 23 June 2011
A GREAT Yarmouth man who was killed at the weekend outside his home, was planning to marry his long-term girlfriend, shocked neighbours revealed.
"“He was a family guy, who thought the world of his children. He was always there as a neighbour – if you wanted something moving he would be there.”"
Residents living near to 21-year-old father Shane Boulton in Stanley Terrace, described him as a devoted family man who was planning to marry partner Claire.
Flowers, a St George’s Cross flag and football paraphernalia, including a photo of Wayne Rooney, adorned the home of Manchester United fan Mr Boulton, who died from a single stab wound to the heart outside his home at 7.45pm on Sunday.
One floral tribute laid across the door of his home read: “RIP Shane, thinking of you and your family at this sad time.”
Despite the best efforts of police officers and an ambulance crew, Mr Boulton could not be revived, and was later pronounced dead at James Paget University Hospital.
Linda Challinor, 64, who lives a few doors along from Mr Boulton, said he was a keen football fan and devoted to his son Lewis, and his step-child. She added he had proposed to his girlfriend.
“He was a family guy, who thought the world of his children. He was always there as a neighbour – if you wanted something moving he would be there.
“He often helped me put my bins out. I can’t fault him, he was brilliant,” Ms Challinor added.
Another neighbour, Robert Holt, 40, said Mr Boulton was a motocross fan and owned a motorbike.
He added he had a passion for vehicles generally and took an interest in the renovation work he had been carrying out to his camper van.
Mr Holt added: “He was a perfectly friendly chap. He was interested in what I was doing to my camper van.”
Det Chief Inspector Jes Fry has appealed to anyone in the area between 6pm and 9pm on Sunday to contact police to see if they had information that could help.
He said: “This appears to be limited to people who were arguing with each other and not a threat to the public.”
Anyone with information is asked to call the Norfolk police major investigation team on 0845 4564567.
A 17-year-old girl is due to appear before a judge at Cambridge Crown Court today, accused of Mr Boulton’s murder, having been remanded in custody by Yarmouth Youth Court earlier this week.
Two other people arrested in connection with the incident, a 29-year-old man and a woman, 31, have been released on police bail.
If you value what this story gives you, please consider supporting the Great Yarmouth Mercury. Click the link in the orange box above for details.