Koch completes acquisition of J&H Bunn
US agri-chemical giant Koch Fertilizer has completed its acquisition of J&H Bunn.
Great Yarmouth-based Bunn, founded in 1816, employs about 150 in its fertiliser business, which has operations at seven ports and terminals across the UK.
The firm, one of the region's biggest with a turnover in excess of �175m annually, was bought for an undisclosed sum on 16 March.
Wichita-based Koch produces, distributes and markets nitrogen fertilisers globally, and is a subsidiary of Koch Inudstries, one of the largest private companies in the US.
Plans to acquire the business were announced earlier in the year and were cleared by the Office of Fair Trading last month.
Steve Packebush, president of Koch Fertilizer, said: 'We're pleased to be integrating J&H Bunn's terminals and its distribution and blending capabilities into Koch Fertilizer's global network.
'J&H Bunn has a long history as a highly respected independent fertiliser distributor in the UK market.'
- 1 House of Fun! When Madness video was shot at Great Yarmouth Pleasure Beach
- 2 'I was in a dark place' - Woman 'saved' by messages on town's pier
- 3 Hot tub wrecked after car smashes through garden wall from Wilkos car park
- 4 Five Great Yarmouth properties with stunning sea views
- 5 Great Yarmouth's branch of Costa closed for refurbishment
- 6 Lovely jubbly! Only Fools and Horses tribute show heads to town
- 7 Inquest into death of woman during cosmetic surgery in Turkey delayed
- 8 Retired army general joins ranks of Great Yarmouth company
- 9 CCTV appeal after series of Great Yarmouth burglaries
- 10 5 TV shows and films shot in Norfolk getting released in 2022
David Harrod, a UK director for J&H Bunn, added: 'Koch Fertilizer values our agronomic and blending capabilities and plans to retain the Bunn-related brand names.
'J&H Bunn's customers should see welcome benefits from this unique combination of our local and global fertiliser capabilities and our shared commitment to customers.
'The Bunn management and operational teams will also help ensure continuity for our customers.'