Can you spot yourself at Great Yarmouth Ladies Day?
- Credit: Danielle Booden
Favourite old dresses were dusted down - and new ones debuted - by female racegoers as they headed for a day out at the races in Great Yarmouth.
Ladies Day, on the third day and final day of the Eastern Festival at Great Yarmouth Racecourse, was a riot of colour as 4,500 people enjoyed the sunny weather, placed bets and socialised.
Female attendees had been asked by racecourse bosses to dig out their favourites forgotten outfit from their closets so they could be judged for the event's style awards and win the top prize of £500.
Couples and men could also enter the contest.
There were cheers as people roared on the day's seven races, which started at 1.30pm.
You may also want to watch:
Glenn Tubby, executive director at the track, said there had been a great atmosphere and was really pleased how the three day festival had gone, with a total attendance of 12,000.
- 1 Roadside restaurant aiming to re-open before Christmas
- 2 Revealed: The most expensive towns to buy a home in Norfolk
- 3 Seal charity to take 'unprecendented' action to protect Norfolk seal colony
- 4 Student nurse's plea after two years of university work stolen from car
- 5 Crowds pour on to streets to enjoy light and sound display
- 6 Tesco applies to sell alcohol from pub site
- 7 Third teenager arrested over Yarmouth park stabbing
- 8 Seaside cafe opens new toy library for dogs
- 9 Vacant Game store hosts walk-in Covid test centre
- 10 Yarmouth bridge will not lift until March 2022 as upgrade works delayed