Large building fire in Yarmouth
FIREFIGHTERS have tackled a large building fire in Great Yarmouth.Fifty firefighters were tackling the blaze at the RBD Windows building in Southgates Road which started just after 10am today.
FIREEIGHTERS have tackled a large building fire in Great Yarmouth.
Fifty firefighters were tackling the blaze at the RBD Windows building in Southgates Road which started just after 10am today.
It is believed the fire started in a dust extractor.
Great Yarmouth fire station manager Richard Smith said: “The firefighters have done brilliantly in restricting the blaze to a metal hopper which is where waste wood products go for disposal.”
He said they would be there until this evening dampening the fire down, but there appeared to be only limited smoke and water damage to the building.
Police were also on the scene and closed off Southgates Road for an hour.
- 1 'Squatter' couple become legal owners of land as saga continues
- 2 Bid for superbike warehouse bringing up to 30 new jobs
- 3 Plan to charge for seafront floral tributes is agreed
- 4 Gorleston murder accused refuses to leave cell for court hearing
- 5 Drug dealers and shoplifters to be targeted by police
- 6 Tesco granted licence to sell alcohol from pub site
- 7 'Adored' teaching assistant retiring after more than three decades
- 8 New face mask rules: Are Yarmouth shoppers complying?
- 9 Market place parking 'amnesty' to tackle school run chaos
- 10 Christmas magic comes to Gorleston