Large building fire in Yarmouth
FIREFIGHTERS have tackled a large building fire in Great Yarmouth.Fifty firefighters were tackling the blaze at the RBD Windows building in Southgates Road which started just after 10am today.
FIREEIGHTERS have tackled a large building fire in Great Yarmouth.
Fifty firefighters were tackling the blaze at the RBD Windows building in Southgates Road which started just after 10am today.
It is believed the fire started in a dust extractor.
Great Yarmouth fire station manager Richard Smith said: “The firefighters have done brilliantly in restricting the blaze to a metal hopper which is where waste wood products go for disposal.”
You may also want to watch:
He said they would be there until this evening dampening the fire down, but there appeared to be only limited smoke and water damage to the building.
Police were also on the scene and closed off Southgates Road for an hour.
- 1 TV presenter Stephen Mulhern spotted filming pop-up game show in Yarmouth
- 2 Three taken to hospital after eight crews battle holiday park blaze
- 3 Appeal to find missing man from Gorleston
- 4 Weekly fireworks making 'spectacular' return to seafront
- 5 Body believed to be missing man found near Norfolk coast
- 6 Drone images show devastation caused by holiday centre fire
- 7 Bid for grocery store in end-of-terrace house
- 8 'Unbelievable grief' - Friend plans remembrance garden for Gorleston woman
- 9 Firefighters dash to tackle blaze at coastal holiday resort
- 10 Missing man from Gorleston found