Last farewell for popular teacher
IT was the end of an era at Fleggburgh Primary School last Friday as pupils paid a fond farewell to teacher Helen Last. Miss Last, who lives in Norwich, left the school after 22 years.
IT was the end of an era at Fleggburgh Primary School last Friday as pupils paid a fond farewell to teacher Helen Last.
Miss Last, who lives in Norwich, left the school after 22 years.
The 52-year-old has just completed her 67th term at the small village school which has just 39 pupils.
Miss Last, whose hobbies include cooking and card making, said: “I have very much enjoyed my time here. It has changed a lot over the years but it's a very small school, like a family.”
You may also want to watch:
She was born and grew up in Norwich and worked as a teacher in Barking, London, for eight years before moving back to Norfolk.
Over the last 22 years, Miss Last has seen families come up through the school finding she taught many parents, aunts and uncles of the pupils she has now.
- 1 Petrol attack shopkeeper opens spice shop and restaurant in former pub
- 2 Yarmouth man convicted of historic rape after DNA match
- 3 Work on Great Yarmouth's Third River Crossing 'progressing well'
- 4 Land wanted by village sold to mystery buyer for £50,000 more
- 5 Tributes as Leanne, 29, dies after receiving cancer 'all-clear'
- 6 Fire on the water bursts into life on Yarmouth seafront
- 7 Thrilling Fire on the Water show to light up Yarmouth
- 8 Too early? Family put up Christmas lights... in October
- 9 Picturesque path stays closed to dog owners after consultation
- 10 Seal charity to take 'unprecendented' action to protect Norfolk seal colony
Miss Last said she has plenty of fond memories from the school particularly the many outings and productions she has been involved in.
Last Friday pupils gathered in the school hall for a special assembly. Headteacher Richard Ogivile said Miss Last was a much loved teacher at the school and would be greatly missed.