Last farewell for popular teacher
IT was the end of an era at Fleggburgh Primary School last Friday as pupils paid a fond farewell to teacher Helen Last. Miss Last, who lives in Norwich, left the school after 22 years.
IT was the end of an era at Fleggburgh Primary School last Friday as pupils paid a fond farewell to teacher Helen Last.
Miss Last, who lives in Norwich, left the school after 22 years.
The 52-year-old has just completed her 67th term at the small village school which has just 39 pupils.
Miss Last, whose hobbies include cooking and card making, said: “I have very much enjoyed my time here. It has changed a lot over the years but it's a very small school, like a family.”
You may also want to watch:
She was born and grew up in Norwich and worked as a teacher in Barking, London, for eight years before moving back to Norfolk.
Over the last 22 years, Miss Last has seen families come up through the school finding she taught many parents, aunts and uncles of the pupils she has now.
- 1 Norfolk seaside village third most sought-after in UK
- 2 Queen writes to Lily, 5, in reply to condolences card
- 3 Bid for four-storey waterside flats on warehouse site
- 4 Nine cars damaged in overnight spree in Great Yarmouth
- 5 What can't open in Norfolk on May 17 - and why
- 6 Five rare birds that have been spotted in Norfolk
- 7 Woman, 29, gets cervical cancer all-clear after lockdown shock
- 8 Legal challenge over riverside footpath is finally resolved
- 9 Drone photo shows £26m seafront leisure centre taking shape
- 10 9 long walking trails to explore in Norfolk
Miss Last said she has plenty of fond memories from the school particularly the many outings and productions she has been involved in.
Last Friday pupils gathered in the school hall for a special assembly. Headteacher Richard Ogivile said Miss Last was a much loved teacher at the school and would be greatly missed.