Last farewell for popular teacher
IT was the end of an era at Fleggburgh Primary School last Friday as pupils paid a fond farewell to teacher Helen Last. Miss Last, who lives in Norwich, left the school after 22 years.
IT was the end of an era at Fleggburgh Primary School last Friday as pupils paid a fond farewell to teacher Helen Last.
Miss Last, who lives in Norwich, left the school after 22 years.
The 52-year-old has just completed her 67th term at the small village school which has just 39 pupils.
Miss Last, whose hobbies include cooking and card making, said: “I have very much enjoyed my time here. It has changed a lot over the years but it's a very small school, like a family.”
You may also want to watch:
She was born and grew up in Norwich and worked as a teacher in Barking, London, for eight years before moving back to Norfolk.
Over the last 22 years, Miss Last has seen families come up through the school finding she taught many parents, aunts and uncles of the pupils she has now.
- 1 Man, 41, charged with Pat Holland's murder as human remains found
- 2 The Empire Strikes Back - our review of the new indoor food market
- 3 Britain's Got Talent golden buzzer winner to appear in Gorleston cabaret show
- 4 Norwich City legends play football against dementia
- 5 Pleasure Beach's tropical event ready to launch - and free macs if it rains
- 6 'Something really fresh for Great Yarmouth' - Empire ready to re-open
- 7 Weather warning as more thunderstorms set to hit parts of the region
- 8 Man re-arrested over murder of missing 83-year-old Pat Holland
- 9 Twin Bakes sell out of treats during first pop-up sale
- 10 Woman felt her life was 'destroyed' after rape by two men, court hears
Miss Last said she has plenty of fond memories from the school particularly the many outings and productions she has been involved in.
Last Friday pupils gathered in the school hall for a special assembly. Headteacher Richard Ogivile said Miss Last was a much loved teacher at the school and would be greatly missed.