Moped thieves taught a lesson through boxing
Two teenage moped thieves in Great Yarmouth have been given a second chance by the man that caught them, who is hoping boxing will set them on the straight and narrow.
Leon Docwra’s daughter had her moped stolen on Saturday and he shared a picture of it on Facebook in the hope of tracking it down.
The post was shared widely and Mr Docwra was able to trace the thieves. He subsequently posted his number online and asked for those responsible to contact him.
One of the parents called Mr Docwra, who said that he would not go to the police if they returned the moped and met him for a boxing session.
Mr Docwra said: “They were very respectful and very remorseful for what they did.
You may also want to watch:
“I gave them a boxing training session with sprints and proper beasted them until they could hardly breathe. They’ve now joined a boxing club which is giving them a direction in life, where before they were going down a route where they’ll end up with handcuffs on them.”
- 1 Roadside restaurant aiming to re-open before Christmas
- 2 Revealed: The most expensive towns to buy a home in Norfolk
- 3 Seal charity to take 'unprecendented' action to protect Norfolk seal colony
- 4 Student nurse's plea after two years of university work stolen from car
- 5 Crowds pour on to streets to enjoy light and sound display
- 6 Tesco applies to sell alcohol from pub site
- 7 Third teenager arrested over Yarmouth park stabbing
- 8 Seaside cafe opens new toy library for dogs
- 9 Vacant Game store hosts walk-in Covid test centre
- 10 Yarmouth bridge will not lift until March 2022 as upgrade works delayed