Letter: People don’t care about Great Yarmouth’s medieval heritage
- Credit: Archant
I agree something needs to be done about what is called in your newspaper “Asbo alleyway” last week.
I always used the passageway to cut through from shopping in the old BHS to go to Sainsbury’s, and indeed use the public loos there.
However, in recent years it has become something of a no-go spot, and an alley I would never dream of using after it has got dark.
Locking it up at night has to be the answer, but people will still access it by climbing over the gates.
Parts of today’s society just don’t care about heritage or history; or even about where they live and how they live.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Dismay at appeal ruling on homes bid for site of former registry office
- 2 Man taken to hospital after cardiac arrest at beach
- 3 Trains cancelled due to flooding - and more heavy rain expected
- 4 Woman whose house was bombed in the war celebrates 100th birthday
- 5 Testing ramped up after 'extreme rise' in Covid cases in coastal areas
- 6 Lifeguard, 18, saves teenager from drowning in first days on job
- 7 'Lost a couple of staff members a day' - how the 'pingdemic' is hitting Norfolk
- 8 Great Yarmouth bakery forced to close after it was 'condemned dangerous'
- 9 Man suffers injuries after road rage assault near retail park
- 10 'Do your bit to slow spread' - plea as Covid hospital admissions remain low