Letter: Reader condemns drivers who flout the rules
- Credit: Archant
There should be a larger road sign telling drivers there is no access along King Street (Clark’s shoe shop corner) and into Regent Street in Yarmouth.
Workmen were busy trying to patch a hole at the junction and in the space of 10 minutes I saw eight normal cars driven down the road, which is only supposed to be for buses and taxis. The eight cars were all driven by men.
Why are these rules being flouted? Is the sign too small to see, although I expect the drivers of the cars were locals who are all aware of the restriction?
Please put a very large sign which clearly says “No Access except for buses/taxis”. As a law-abiding motorist I would never dream of driving down there.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Family devastated after death of much-loved and well-known horse
- 2 Norfolk beach ranked among world's top tourist attractions
- 3 Acrobats and falcons wow crowds at the Out There Festival
- 4 Do you recognise this man?
- 5 Sisters realise late parents' dream by opening coffee shop
- 6 'It's a big pain' - Third river crossing work leaves businessman frustrated
- 7 Out There Festival 2021 begins today
- 8 Trainee probation officer shared intimate photos with convicted murderer
- 9 'I'm totally shocked' - metal railings stolen from Gorleston home
- 10 Inquest date set for Gorleston woman found on beach