Letter: Reader condemns drivers who flout the rules
- Credit: Archant
There should be a larger road sign telling drivers there is no access along King Street (Clark’s shoe shop corner) and into Regent Street in Yarmouth.
Workmen were busy trying to patch a hole at the junction and in the space of 10 minutes I saw eight normal cars driven down the road, which is only supposed to be for buses and taxis. The eight cars were all driven by men.
Why are these rules being flouted? Is the sign too small to see, although I expect the drivers of the cars were locals who are all aware of the restriction?
Please put a very large sign which clearly says “No Access except for buses/taxis”. As a law-abiding motorist I would never dream of driving down there.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Dismay at appeal ruling on homes bid for site of former registry office
- 2 Man taken to hospital after cardiac arrest at beach
- 3 Trains cancelled due to flooding - and more heavy rain expected
- 4 Woman whose house was bombed in the war celebrates 100th birthday
- 5 Testing ramped up after 'extreme rise' in Covid cases in coastal areas
- 6 Great Yarmouth bakery forced to close after it was 'condemned dangerous'
- 7 'Lost a couple of staff members a day' - how the 'pingdemic' is hitting Norfolk
- 8 'Do your bit to slow spread' - plea as Covid hospital admissions remain low
- 9 Man suffers injuries after road rage assault near retail park
- 10 Parking ban outside town centre church looks set to be reversed