Letter: Ukip defections all about gaining power in council chamber
- Credit: Nick Butcher
What a wonderful photo of the Ukip defectors standing there all looking fit for the hard work ahead and all the Conservatives holding their silly boards up behind them like a lot of children in a playground.
And these people are running the town.
It all comes down to power ...they have to have power even if they have to jump ship and fight for another party.
When are we going to have people who believe in what they stand for and do it for the good of the town not just to get their photo in the paper?
We have a council who cannot put together a plan for getting the town on its feet again. They pay out thousands for ideas. Now they are thinking of pulling down the Marina Centre and building a bigger one even though the one that’s there now is a white elephant.
You may also want to watch:
The Town is dying on its backside but the skating rink should save Christmas and the air show will pull in the crowds.
We need a working council not people with power.
- 1 Woman felt her life was 'destroyed' after rape by two men, court hears
- 2 'Something really fresh for Great Yarmouth' - Empire ready to re-open
- 3 Police sniffer dogs join search for missing woman
- 4 Public urged to check outbuildings as fears grow for missing woman
- 5 Man arrested on suspicion of murder in Gorleston is released on bail
- 6 'Very little known' about man, 76, who died at home, inquest hears
- 7 Drug dealer walks free from court for his 145th offence
- 8 Funding for Hemsby sea defences a 'significant challenge'
- 9 Former Norwich City stars to play in Mike Sutton memorial match
- 10 'Busy' wildlife rescue centre bids for a permanent home