Lights in sky prompt UFO reports
DOZENS of people have reported seeing mysterious bright orange lights in the skies above Norfolk.Witnesses have reported seeing the spectacle at locations including Dereham, Downham Market, Holkham, Caister and Norwich in recent days.
DOZENS of people have reported seeing mysterious bright orange lights in the skies above Norfolk.
Witnesses have reported seeing the spectacle at locations including Dereham, Downham Market, Holkham, Caister and Norwich in recent days.
News of the sightings comes a week after a helicopter pilot had reported seeing a strange orange light in the sky over Norwich.
Dennis Sayer, from Dereham, said: “Me and the wife spotted an orange light passing our house here in Dereham from the Windsor Park area about 11.15 on Monday night looking out from a bedroom window and it was coming from the Norwich area heading toward Fakenham/ Wells way.
“It did not appear to be going that fast - about the speed of a helicopter or less. I tried taking a picture of it with my mobile but the light was not bright enough. It was orange and pulsing and what looked like other coloured lights within it, but the main colour was orange.”
Holidaymaker Jen English, from Stevenage, saw the lights during a holiday at Sea Palling last week.
- 1 House of Fun! When Madness video was shot at Great Yarmouth Pleasure Beach
- 2 'I was in a dark place' - Woman 'saved' by messages on town's pier
- 3 Hot tub wrecked after car smashes through garden wall from Wilkos car park
- 4 Five Great Yarmouth properties with stunning sea views
- 5 Great Yarmouth's branch of Costa closed for refurbishment
- 6 Retired army general joins ranks of Great Yarmouth company
- 7 Inquest into death of woman during cosmetic surgery in Turkey delayed
- 8 Meet the couple who won holidays by the sea for a year
- 9 Brick thrown through window in spate of burglaries in Great Yarmouth area
- 10 5 TV shows and films shot in Norfolk getting released in 2022
“We were driving back to Sea Palling from Hemsby at 9.30pm on Wednesday, July 29.
“We noticed a car up ahead which had pulled over by Horsey wind-pump. As we approached Horsey windpump we noticed a round, orange light in the sky, approaching from our left.
“It was quite low in the sky and such an unusual colour and shape. As we got to the windpump it travelled across the road, across the field to our right before suddenly flying directly upwards until it reached cloud level and disappeared. ”
Helen Liddell, from Denver, near Downham, told a UFO-watcher's message board: “My husband and I were standing outside our back door when we saw a large orange light in the sky seemingly coming towards us.
“Initially, we thought it must be some kind of plane; however, there was no noise at all. The light then changed course and moved horizontally, flickering at times, it remained visible for 51 seconds and then disappeared.”
One poster from Norwich said: “Strange bright orange light moving through. Thought it was a plane but it moved very fast.”
A spokesman at RAF Marham said none of its aircraft were in the air at the time of the sightings, which have occurred over the last 10 days. Norfolk police said they had not received any calls about the lights in the sky.