Lights in sky prompt UFO reports
DOZENS of people have reported seeing mysterious bright orange lights in the skies above Norfolk.Witnesses have reported seeing the spectacle at locations including Dereham, Downham Market, Holkham, Caister and Norwich in recent days.
DOZENS of people have reported seeing mysterious bright orange lights in the skies above Norfolk.
Witnesses have reported seeing the spectacle at locations including Dereham, Downham Market, Holkham, Caister and Norwich in recent days.
News of the sightings comes a week after a helicopter pilot had reported seeing a strange orange light in the sky over Norwich.
Dennis Sayer, from Dereham, said: “Me and the wife spotted an orange light passing our house here in Dereham from the Windsor Park area about 11.15 on Monday night looking out from a bedroom window and it was coming from the Norwich area heading toward Fakenham/ Wells way.
“It did not appear to be going that fast - about the speed of a helicopter or less. I tried taking a picture of it with my mobile but the light was not bright enough. It was orange and pulsing and what looked like other coloured lights within it, but the main colour was orange.”
Holidaymaker Jen English, from Stevenage, saw the lights during a holiday at Sea Palling last week.
- 1 Pleasure Beach running locals evening with discount for NR postcodes
- 2 Drink driver caught while following police car on A47
- 3 Football club fined and chairman suspended over FA breaches
- 4 Dog rescued after fire breaks out at Gorleston home
- 5 Debate over 665 homes to be broadcast live amid 'heightened interest'
- 6 Children's truck convoy returns to region's road this August
- 7 Artist unveils stunning new butterfly mural on private house
- 8 'Handful' of people kicked out of Norfolk cinema amid Minions TikTok craze
- 9 Queen's baton and carnival set to deliver 'super Saturday' in Yarmouth
- 10 Man jailed for hotel arson which caused £6k of damage
“We were driving back to Sea Palling from Hemsby at 9.30pm on Wednesday, July 29.
“We noticed a car up ahead which had pulled over by Horsey wind-pump. As we approached Horsey windpump we noticed a round, orange light in the sky, approaching from our left.
“It was quite low in the sky and such an unusual colour and shape. As we got to the windpump it travelled across the road, across the field to our right before suddenly flying directly upwards until it reached cloud level and disappeared. ”
Helen Liddell, from Denver, near Downham, told a UFO-watcher's message board: “My husband and I were standing outside our back door when we saw a large orange light in the sky seemingly coming towards us.
“Initially, we thought it must be some kind of plane; however, there was no noise at all. The light then changed course and moved horizontally, flickering at times, it remained visible for 51 seconds and then disappeared.”
One poster from Norwich said: “Strange bright orange light moving through. Thought it was a plane but it moved very fast.”
A spokesman at RAF Marham said none of its aircraft were in the air at the time of the sightings, which have occurred over the last 10 days. Norfolk police said they had not received any calls about the lights in the sky.