Linda Coleman wins Palmers window competition worth nearly £9,000
- Credit: Palmers department store
Linda Coleman didn’t believe the phone call she had just had – but when she called Palmers Department Store in Great Yarmouth it confirmed she had won 180 items worth nearly £9,000 in their anniversary competition.
The Win the Window competition was organised by Palmers to mark their 180 years in Yarmouth. Linda chose to have a random guess of £8,880.88 while on her way to play bingo.
The actual recommended retail value of the window was just over Linda’s guess at £8,895,48. Now all the 180 items which were available from the store will be delivered to Linda’s Yarmouth home.
She said “I can’t believe I’ve won it, I even phoned the store back after being informed of winning just to check out if it was true. “
On Saturday morning Linda was “presented” with the window by David Howard, managing director and store manager Susan Patterson.
The competition ran from May 5-29 and had more than 1,000 entries.
Mr Howard said: “We are truly delighted with the number of entries and are pleased that so many local residents and holidaymakers took the time to enter.”
- 1 'Well-respected' tattoo artist died at home after taking cocaine
- 2 Car flips on to roof in three-vehicle crash in Yarmouth
- 3 Six ways Yarmouth wants to solve its housing crisis and 'compete with Norwich'
- 4 Sammy, 6, finds 'once-in-a-lifetime' rare fossil on beach
- 5 Free open top bus tours to show off Great Yarmouth's seafront
- 6 Bid to extend life of quarry in Broads' village to 85 years
- 7 Man died on 50th birthday at Norfolk coastal campsite
- 8 Gorleston murder accused not yet fit to enter plea
- 9 Port boss disappointed over cruise ship non-docking
- 10 Former Game store earmarked as enterprise hub
The celebrations continue throughout the year but the next big event is Palmers 180 year Summer Sale Invitation Evening, exclusive to privilege customers only on Tuesday, June 20. Invitations will go out in the post soon or people can request an invitation by emailing email@example.com