Post office to move site and extend opening hours
- Credit: PA
A post office will be relocating to a new site next month.
Lingwood Post Office will move to SPAR at 2 Norwich Road and will be open for an extra 57 hours a week.
Services will be operated from an open plan counter alongside the retail counter of the convenience store.
The move is part of a major modernisation programme across the Post Office network designed to make it easier for customers to do business through longer opening hours and modern open plan environments.
The current branch will close at 5.30pm on Wednesday, July 18, and the new store will open at 1pm on Thursday, July 19.
During the transfer period, people are advised to use Blofield or Acle post office.
The opening hours for the new store will be from 7am to 10pm, seven days a week - marking an end to lunchtime closing.
- 1 Landlord finds 20 rabbits abandoned at home after tenants move out
- 2 Driver caught at speeds of nearly 100mph also found to have no licence
- 3 Motorcylist in 50s in hospital with serious injuries after tyre shop crash
- 4 5 of the best places to spot celebrities in and around Yarmouth
- 5 'The best yet' - Yarmouth's celebration of wheels gearing up for return
- 6 First look as Ainsley Harriott and Grace Dent visit Yarmouth for TV show
- 7 Six arrested after Willow the dog finds 'substantial' quantity of drugs
- 8 Father still searching six months after Pawel Martyniak went missing
- 9 From schools to shops: All you need to know about living in Gorleston
- 10 Broads Authority moves to prosecute pub over caravans - again
Hayley Brown, regional network change manager, said: “We are confident that this vibrant new-style Post Office at the heart of the local community will meet customer needs.”